Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Mount & Blade : Warband crashes all the time
tlax38 Jan 18, 2019
Hi everyone,
a few weeks ago, my computer crashed (no game was launched at that moment) and after that, M&B:W, which I had been previously playing for hours without any problem has taken any occasion to crash: when I open my inventory, my party status panel, character panel, when I attack an enemy party and so on.
What I have done to try to solve the problem:
- verifying the local files integrity
- uninstalling/reinstalling the game
Nothing worked until now.
My OS is Debian 9.
My other Steam games (Civilization 5, Faeria, Lifeless planet) have no problem.
Thanks by advance for your help.
tlax38 Jan 19, 2019
Quoting: GuestTry the native Linux version.

See winehq

- by "native linux version", do you mean that I should reinstall MB:W with no update? Is there a tutorial somewhere?
- I've tried to use Wine before, it always failed. And I wonder why I should use it for a game that is compatible with linux.
tlax38 Jan 19, 2019
Ok I think I understand: when I right-click on MB:W there's an option "configure MB:W" where there is the option "Native" which is (already) selected. Is that it?
tlax38 Jan 21, 2019
I got some news: I moved my saves in another folder and started a brand new game. I played 2 hours more or less not in one go: I created a character played a bit, closed the game, then played again... the problem doesnt appear with these diffrent saves. Might the previous ones that I moved be corrupted?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.