Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Skyrim (Steam Play) not detecting my graphics card
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
DevynKo Jan 31, 2019
Quoting: tuxintuxedoFirst thing to do would be to use Padoka Mesa stable ppa. If you know how to do it.

Unfortunately I don't.
I'm sure you saw that coming lol.
tuxintuxedo Jan 31, 2019
Open the Terminal and type:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:paulo-miguel-dias/pkppa
sudo apt-get update
It will need your password. After everything went smoothly, you should see mesa updates in your Update Manager. Install them.
DevynKo Jan 31, 2019
Quoting: tuxintuxedoOpen the Terminal and type:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:paulo-miguel-dias/pkppa
sudo apt-get update
It will need your password. After everything went smoothly, you should see mesa updates in your Update Manager. Install them.

Okay so we are getting somewhere. This made the menu go a little faster, and when the game loaded it was running decent until I move the mouse. Im getting 20-30 ish frames when I dont move the mouse, then when I try to move the mouse it drops to 1-5.
tuxintuxedo Jan 31, 2019
They say lag happens in Skyrim sometimes, so not much you can do. The freeze at exit is also known, people advise to kill the process itself.
You might want to try experimenting with different Proton versions, not sure whether it will help. You can also decrease some graphics settings in-game.
Nothing else to add.
DevynKo Feb 5, 2019
Quoting: tuxintuxedoThey say lag happens in Skyrim sometimes, so not much you can do. The freeze at exit is also known, people advise to kill the process itself.
You might want to try experimenting with different Proton versions, not sure whether it will help. You can also decrease some graphics settings in-game.
Nothing else to add.

Update on my situation. I did a little bit of research and ended up doing a clean install of Manjaro, instead of linux mint, and boy did that help. I still have to enter this command DRI_PRIME=1 steam to get steam to see my graphics card, but I can deal with that, unless there is a way to get steam to launch with that code just from the regular launcher.

But any ways, the game runs really good, but its like my mouse input is choppy. Its not the frames, the frames are good. But my mouse input in-game is not smooth, its choppy. Any Ideas on how to get that fixed?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.