Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
AMD performance drop in ETS2 and ATS
M@GOid Mar 9, 2019
After the 1.33 update, both games got a huge performance drop on my system. Up to 1.32, I could run the game at fixed 60FPS on roads and 50/60 FPS on the cities.

I updated the drivers from stable to Git version, but it didn't fix anything. Returned the game to the 1.32 version and the performance was back. But it did not seem to have much Windows users complaining about it.

Has anyone experienced a performance drop after the 1.33 update of theses games, particularly on AMD cards?
tuubi Mar 9, 2019
The only thing I noticed is a performance drop after I upgraded from my old GTX 960 to the RX580. I guess their engine just runs better on Nvidia. I had to lower the settings a bit and it's still a bit stuttery (and glitchy).
tonR Mar 11, 2019
Quoting: M@GOidHas anyone experienced a performance drop after the 1.33 update of theses games, particularly on AMD cards?
My PC struggling with lights, drops to less than 5 FPS especially if I'm driving in the city full of streetlights at night.

FPS also drops if I'm driving near police cars' strobing lights. After I'm set g_disable_beacon 2 (to freeze the light), it's solved my problem a little bit.

Here's the video from SCS (at 1:48 min)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19V0Xgx64hY&t=108
Leopard Mar 12, 2019
I experienced a similar sluggishness on Nvidia though. I'm still well above 60 fps on max settings but clearly there was a regression on 1.33.

So game is still playable for me but clearly regressed.

https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=238&p=1107371#p1107371

Response of an ETS2 dev:

Quoteno need to bump anything, we are aware.
in 1.33 there was big improvement of buffer handling and some other things. it helped a lot to newer computers. to older comps not so, apparently.
in 1.34 there was almost no change on code-side, it was mainly content update.

do not expect any other rendering-based change until major rendering rewrite (DX11 support) will come.
then we will see, if api change could help us solve such issues.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.