Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
What's the first game you played on Linux?
Page: «4/6»
  Go to:
tuxisagamer Oct 17, 2013
Hmm... First Linux game would probably be Xbill (Kinda hard to remember since it would have been in 1997)

Hmm... First Linux game I bought would probably be Quake 2 retail

Last game I purchased was Humble Bundle 7. 

I play a TON of free games still. Frozen Bubble, O AD, KShisen-sho, etc.
HadBabits Oct 23, 2013

My adventure in Linux started a little over a year ago, and I believe it was Sudoku followed by Nexiuz. I preferred the former, the Quake-style shooter is a bit before my time.

What's the first game you purchased for Linux?

Limbo on the Ubuntu software center :) Great game, I just wished I finished at the time before switching distros and had no way of playing it. Luckily, I got it back on one of the latest humble bundles.

What's the last game you purchased for Linux?

Gone Home :) Highly recommend for those who can get it on sale (it's really good, but just as short)

Whats the next game you will purchase for Linux?

Hopefully the new space game from Double Fine; looks great :D

What free Linux game are you still playing?

Uhh, TF2 on occasion.
fabertawe Nov 7, 2013

Probably Mines or similar, hard to remember now! One of the Gnome games when I was with Ubuntu in 2006.

I think it was either Quake 4 or Prey.

Just bought Don't Starve and Euro Truck Simulator in the sale and Metro. Sir, You Are Being Hunted is my most played though and will be for a long time to come.

Very hard to say until the next sale ;) Air Conflicts is top of my wishlist but this could easily change.

DreamChess, Bubble Chains, Spheres Of Chaos (RISC OS classic!)
Maquis196 Nov 8, 2013

Free wise? No idea, probably something starting with X (was about 1997/8 or so), first commercial game was Civilization: Call to power (<3 Loki)

Well I think it would have been Civ:CTP. Im sure I had that before Alpha Centauri. I own all the Loki games so one of those would have been first.

Duke Nukem 3d, last proper game would have been... Europa Universalis 4, one of the best games ive ever played.

Something I don't already own Linux wise that's in a sale, I own all the ones I actually want to play, 135 Linux games on Steam, missing at least 50 I think, Euro Trucker 2 looks good.

Free? None at the moment, time is precious, and im still trying to finish strike suit zero.
Hamish Nov 8, 2013
Quoting: Quote from Maquis196I own all the Loki games so one of those would have been first.

Do you still have all of the packaging? I would love to see a picture of that. :)
Maquis196 Nov 8, 2013
Quoting: Quote from Hamish
Quoting: Quote from Maquis196I own all the Loki games so one of those would have been first.

Do you still have all of the packaging? I would love to see a picture of that. :)

Due to having to move house a lot, I eventually had to part with the actual packaging (for the jewel case games anyway), the DVD games were without packaging iirc.

Tbh, I'm in the process of imaging all the disks and releasing a loki games "online backup in torrent format" since theyre so bloody rare.

I'll treasure my Loki SMAC copy, some of those games have non x86 binaries on them, different times :)
Maquis196 Nov 8, 2013
Oh, I still have the jewel cases themselves, just not the carboard packaging (still kept the manuals as well mind)
Hamish Nov 8, 2013
Still would love to see them. :)
Maquis196 Nov 8, 2013
Quoting: Quote from HamishStill would love to see them. :)

I'll do what I can to get a shot this weekend, be good before they go into the attic for some long term storage (another reason I imaged the lot of them)
kevie Nov 25, 2013
First Game I played on Linux:
That was back on Ubuntu 7.10 and I think it was Frozen Bubble

First game that I purchased:
Jets n Guns, bought directly from Linux Game Publishing. I still love the soundtrack and it is a game I still load up and play now and again.

Last game I purchased:
That would be between the Humble weekly sale that included Prision Break, Multiwinnia and Darwinnia or Project Zomboid on Desura.

Last physical game I purchased:
Krunch had the collectors edition and it arrived at the beginning of November

Next purchase:
I'm looking at purchasing Planet Explorers and also backing The Slaughter on Kickstarter

Free game that I'm still playing:
I still return to Frozen Bubble regularly as well as keeping an eye on Minetest.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.