Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 for Linux?
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
slaapliedje Feb 25, 2021
Quoting: Whitewolfe80
Quoting: slaapliedje
Quoting: Whitewolfe80https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/bloodlines-2-development-update

and its delayed again
They probably saw what happened to Cyberpunk 2077, knew what happened to Bloodlines one... and were like

http://www.theveganwifey.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Not-Again-Meme-300x187.jpg

They got rid of the developer again so they are looking for a new team not great news
Duke Nuke 'em Forever pt 2?
dpanter Feb 25, 2021
I tell ya, the Bloodlines series is cursed. If we even see a release, I wouldn't count on it being fixable like the original game was fixed by dedicated fans.
Whitewolfe80 Feb 25, 2021
Quoting: Whitewolfe80
Quoting: Whitewolfe80https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/bloodlines-2-development-update

and its delayed again
They probably saw what happened to Cyberpunk 2077, knew what happened to Bloodlines one... and were like

http://www.theveganwifey.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Not-Again-Meme-300x187.jpg

They got rid of the developer again so they are looking for a new team not great news
Duke Nuke 'em Forever pt 2?

Looking like it at this rate
Whitewolfe80 Feb 25, 2021
Quoting: dpanterI tell ya, the Bloodlines series is cursed. If we even see a release, I wouldn't count on it being fixable like the original game was fixed by dedicated fans.

Mmm that is true its a good job the source engine was open to modding and community fixes as i played bloodlines without any fixes the first time through it was brutal
Linuxwarper Feb 25, 2021
Hardsuit Labs, who was tasked to develop the game, previous game Blacklight Retribution was DX9/11. Despite Paradox's good Linux support, they now have to pick up where Hardsuit stopped. What are the odds Hardsuit developed the game with Linux in mind, using OpenGL or Vulkan? Unless Paradox gave them clear direction from the beginning, things do not look good. Once the API is revealed for the game you will know if it will be released shortly after Windows or not. Only a madman would pick D3D over Vulkan if they plan to target all three major PC platforms. And with development issues the game is having it leaves less thoughts for Linux release.

Last edited by Linuxwarper on 25 February 2021 at 10:32 pm UTC
Shmerl Feb 26, 2021
I think Linux is the least of their worries right now. The whole game is completely delayed and studio stopped working on it. I really wonder what's going on with the project in general to cause all that.
Linuxwarper Feb 26, 2021
It seems twofold. One, Hardsuit Labs took on a project that is beyond their skills. If you look at their site it says "We make great games!", where the second and last game they have listed is the game of our topic. Second, there was a conflict between writers about story and characters, which after firing original writers requires changes to be made.
Shmerl Feb 26, 2021
Quoting: LinuxwarperSecond, there was a conflict between writers about story and characters, which after firing original writers requires changes to be made.

Yeah, they didn't elaborate on that and given original writers created the whole thing in the first place, I don't trust them now to make changes that will be good.

Last edited by Shmerl on 26 February 2021 at 7:51 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.