You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Manjaro, Borderlands 2 and Pre-Sequel
lordgault commented on 24 June 2019 at 8:22 am UTC

Manjaro is in fashion and Borderlands never stopped being in fashion. I have to remind you that SHIFT does not work as standard in Manjaro. Why? Because in Ubuntu the ssl certificates are in the route /usr/lib/ssl/certs while in Manjaro the route of the certificates is /etc/ssl/certs. Well, the solution is as easy as adding the following line in the options for launching the game in Steam:

SSL_CERT_DIR="/etc/ssl/certs" %command%

In principle this solution should work for other distributions that share the same path as the ssl certificates. For those that do not the solution is to add the corresponding path to the ssl certificates.
Sorry for my English, I am not native.

dpanter commented on 24 June 2019 at 9:20 am UTC

Nice find! #archproblems

What about symlinking the dir to make it a systemwide solution?

Ehvis commented on 24 June 2019 at 11:35 am UTC

dpanterWhat about symlinking the dir to make it a systemwide solution?

Fun fact from a Ubuntu 18.04 install:

xxxxx:/usr/lib/ssl$ ls -al
total 12
drwxr-xr-x   3 root root 4096 dec  7  2018 .
drwxr-xr-x 132 root root 4096 jan 18 14:08 ..
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root   14 aug 21  2018 certs -> /etc/ssl/certs
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root 4096 dec  7  2018 misc
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root   20 dec  5  2018 openssl.cnf -> /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root   16 aug 21  2018 private -> /etc/ssl/private

liamdawe commented on 24 June 2019 at 1:00 pm UTC

Perhaps someone can submit a bug report/feature request to get something done by default to fix issues like this? With people looking to switch, the easier they can make it the better.

lordgault commented on 24 June 2019 at 4:39 pm UTC

liamdawePerhaps someone can submit a bug report/feature request to get something done by default to fix issues like this? With people looking to switch, the easier they can make it the better.

I left a report at Aspyr Support. It seems such an easy solution... Let's see what they say.

QuoteThank you for contacting the Aspyr Support Team. Your request (#137175) has been received, and is being reviewed by our support staff.

For reference, our office hours are 9:00 AM - 6:00PM Monday-Friday (Central Standard Time)

ziabice commented on 24 June 2019 at 5:11 pm UTC

I just sent a feature request to Manjaro devels linking this forum post.

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts