Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
Is it possible to run overlay addons in WINE?
Draconicrose commented on 11 July 2019 at 11:56 am UTC

Hello GoL!

I play Guild Wars 2 through WINE, using the fan pack on the official forums. There is an addon that I would like to run, called TacO, which overlays itself on top of the game window.

It's a separate .exe from the game. On a different Lutris build I tried to run the exe inside the same wine prefix, but it didn't work. As I don't know much about WINE and google is failing me, I was hoping the forum goers here would have a clue as to how to do this.

Shmerl commented on 12 July 2019 at 3:42 am UTC

I suppose it depends on the add-on. For instance Vulkan layer based overlays should work (for Vulkan use case).

Draconicrose commented on 12 July 2019 at 5:08 pm UTC

I actually have no idea what the overlay is based on.

Avehicle7887 commented on 12 July 2019 at 5:20 pm UTC

DraconicroseI actually have no idea what the overlay is based on.

Hi,

ArmoredVehicle here, I haven't dabbled with TacO in Linux but I'll look into it and if possible add a way to easily install it from that package.

Draconicrose commented on 12 July 2019 at 8:01 pm UTC

Avehicle7887

Hi,

ArmoredVehicle here, I haven't dabbled with TacO in Linux but I'll look into it and if possible add a way to easily install it from that package.

That would be so good! Using TacO is the only thing I miss from playing on Windows.

Draconicrose commented on 4 September 2019 at 3:32 pm UTC

Avehicle7887

Hi,

Hey, have you had any chance to look into this?

Avehicle7887 commented on 4 September 2019 at 8:48 pm UTC

Draconicrose
Avehicle7887

Hi,

Hey, have you had any chance to look into this?

Not yet, tbh I've been knee deep in PvP matches lately. I'll get around to it at some point though

Draconicrose commented on 5 September 2019 at 12:58 am UTC

Avehicle7887Not yet, tbh I've been knee deep in PvP matches lately. I'll get around to it at some point though

That's fine! Thank you

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Build Up: „Hive Time“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts