Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Star Citizen in Wine
Page: «3/5»
  Go to:
denyasis Nov 20, 2021
Quoting: BeamboomI am beyond amazed that there's still life in this project.

Well with what, 20-30 million USD from backers, I think there's a high expectation that something will come out of it... eventually...
damarrin Nov 20, 2021
30 million? lol.
Beamboom Nov 20, 2021
Quoting: Ehvis
Quoting: BeamboomI am beyond amazed that there's still life in this project.
Why?
Because it's still not a released, complete game. Those Battlefield games you talk about are not just alpha builds, are they?

I'm amazed that they STILL after THIS many years are working on a game that's not even released yet. You are aware that this game were first announced TEN years ago, right? And that the first backers STILL have nothing complete to play? It's amazing that people have this kind of patience.

Quoting: Ehvisall the kids seem to want every fast fast fast.

I'd say the concept of this game should be any sci-fi geek's dream, young and old. I think No Man's Sky has proved that it's not all about fast fast fast.

Quoting: denyasisWell with what, 20-30 million USD from backers, I think there's a high expectation that something will come out of it... eventually...

... With eventually being the key word here. :D

Last edited by Beamboom on 20 November 2021 at 3:37 pm UTC
Shmerl Nov 20, 2021
Quoting: damarrin30 million? lol.

Yeah, I was surprised too. It's supposedly the highest budget crowdfunded project to ever exist.
Ehvis Nov 20, 2021
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: damarrin30 million? lol.

Yeah, I was surprised too. It's supposedly the highest budget crowdfunded project to ever exist.

That was not even half of the initial campaign. And with CIG having over 700 employees, I imagine that doesn't even cover for half a year of operation. Looks like they actually passed 400 million today.
whizse Nov 20, 2021
"Star Citizen is still breaking crowdfunding records, having now raised over $350 million following one of its most successful years so far."

From https://www.pcgamer.com/somehow-2020-was-star-citizens-most-successful-year-to-date/

Jesus Christ
Shmerl Nov 21, 2021
Quoting: EhvisThat was not even half of the initial campaign. And with CIG having over 700 employees, I imagine that doesn't even cover for half a year of operation. Looks like they actually passed 400 million today.

So is the game working OK with the latest updates? I haven't really played it in a long time. I should probably set up a new prefix for it. Is anything needed there besides DXVK?
Ehvis Nov 21, 2021
Quoting: ShmerlSo is the game working OK with the latest updates? I haven't really played it in a long time. I should probably set up a new prefix for it. Is anything needed there besides DXVK?

Works "fine" (SC alpha disclaimers still apply obviously) and the addition of EAC hasn't changed that. Lutris installer is still valid. Do take note of the sysctl in the description, you won't even reach the menu without it.

Edit: for those interesting in mucking about a bit for free, it's free to play until Wednesday 1 dec.

Last edited by Ehvis on 21 November 2021 at 11:25 am UTC
Shmerl Nov 21, 2021
Quoting: EhvisWorks "fine" (SC alpha disclaimers still apply obviously) and the addition of EAC hasn't changed that. Lutris installer is still valid. Do take note of the sysctl in the description, you won't even reach the menu without it.

Not sure what you mean by the description. Is this about vm.max_map_count?
Ehvis Nov 21, 2021
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: EhvisWorks "fine" (SC alpha disclaimers still apply obviously) and the addition of EAC hasn't changed that. Lutris installer is still valid. Do take note of the sysctl in the description, you won't even reach the menu without it.

Not sure what you mean by the description. Is this about vm.max_map_count?

Yes, that's the one.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.