Star Citizen in Wine
Page: «2/5»
  Go to:
lindagriffithh Jul 23, 2019
They generally need to wear a spacesuit instead of a suit.
And about how to open the locker - you had to pick up the guard Kareah mission.
Shmerl Jul 24, 2019
Is there a way to set waypoint in some area that's not a station or planet? I didn't figure out how to do it. I had to fly from one moon to another, and Crusader planet itself was obstructing direct course. But I only managed to set a waypoint on a space station in between, which wasn't the optimal way to do it.
Shmerl Jul 24, 2019
Landing on a pad is pretty tricky. I crash half the time :)
Shmerl Oct 17, 2019
Trying to update Start Citizen launcher, but it crahses like this:

Error: Error: spawn UNKNOWN
    at _errnoException (util.js:1024:11)
    at ChildProcess.spawn (internal/child_process.js:323:11)
    at exports.spawn (child_process.js:514:9)
    at Promise (C:\rsi_launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\out\NsisUpdater.js:263:54)
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)
    at C:\rsi_launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\out\NsisUpdater.js:261:14
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
From previous event:
    at NsisUpdater._spawn (C:\rsi_launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\out\NsisUpdater.js:276:7)
    at C:\rsi_launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\out\NsisUpdater.js:240:26
    at Generator.throw (<anonymous>)
    at runCallback (timers.js:789:20)
    at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:751:5)
    at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:722:5)
From previous event:
    at NsisUpdater.doInstall (C:\rsi_launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\out\NsisUpdater.js:250:7)
    at C:\rsi_launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\out\BaseUpdater.js:97:29
From previous event:
    at NsisUpdater.install (C:\rsi_launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\out\BaseUpdater.js:103:7)
    at C:\rsi_launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\out\BaseUpdater.js:41:39
From previous event:
    at NsisUpdater.quitAndInstall (C:\rsi_launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\out\BaseUpdater.js:52:7)
    at EventEmitter.ipc.on (C:\rsi_launcher\resources\app.asar\src\main\auto-update.js:48:17)
    at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
    at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:211:7)
    at WebContents.<anonymous> (C:\rsi_launcher\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\web-contents.js:286:13)
    at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
    at WebContents.emit (events.js:214:7)
[19:40:17.528] [error] Error occured auto-updating Error: spawn UNKNOWN
    at _errnoException (util.js:1024:11)
    at ChildProcess.spawn (internal/child_process.js:323:11)
    at exports.spawn (child_process.js:514:9)
    at Promise (C:\rsi_launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\out\NsisUpdater.js:263:54)
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)
    at C:\rsi_launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\out\NsisUpdater.js:261:14
From previous event:
    at NsisUpdater._spawn (C:\rsi_launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\out\NsisUpdater.js:276:7)
    at C:\rsi_launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\out\NsisUpdater.js:240:26
    at Generator.throw (<anonymous>)
    at runCallback (timers.js:789:20)
    at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:751:5)
    at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:722:5)
From previous event:
    at NsisUpdater.doInstall (C:\rsi_launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\out\NsisUpdater.js:250:7)
    at C:\rsi_launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\out\BaseUpdater.js:97:29
From previous event:
    at NsisUpdater.install (C:\rsi_launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\out\BaseUpdater.js:103:7)
    at C:\rsi_launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\out\BaseUpdater.js:41:39
From previous event:
    at NsisUpdater.quitAndInstall (C:\rsi_launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-updater\out\BaseUpdater.js:52:7)
    at EventEmitter.ipc.on (C:\rsi_launcher\resources\app.asar\src\main\auto-update.js:48:17)
    at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
    at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:211:7)
    at WebContents.<anonymous> (C:\rsi_launcher\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\web-contents.js:286:13)
    at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
    at WebContents.emit (events.js:214:7)

Update installer has already been triggered. Quitting application.

Any idea how to work around that?
Shmerl Nov 18, 2021
Vulkan renderer is coming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV9_chUpDgc

Linux is mentioned in the video.

Last edited by Shmerl on 19 November 2021 at 12:02 am UTC
denyasis Nov 19, 2021
Ohh .. nice. I backed this year's ago. I wonder how it compares to Elite: Dangerous? I tried that two years ago and was a little underwhelmed ( I think I need more plot/direction, if that makes sense)
Shmerl Nov 19, 2021
I don't think it's ready from that standpoint. They are mostly focusing on technical aspects for now. There was some plan also to develop a single player game based on their settings / engine (Squadron 42). But nothing came out so far.
Ehvis Nov 19, 2021
The question to be answered is, will it still work after the new patch this afternoon will introduce EAC. Free fly will be starting at about the same time, so I'll be attempting my luck tonight.
Beamboom Nov 19, 2021
I am beyond amazed that there's still life in this project.
Ehvis Nov 20, 2021
Quoting: BeamboomI am beyond amazed that there's still life in this project.

Why? I see a battlefield game with about 20% positive reviews and still a 100 thousand people playing it. If that is the competition, maybe people want something completely different that isn't driven corporate agendas. It's more surprising that there is room for something that plays so slowly as SC does while all the kids seem to want every fast fast fast.

However, the good news is that everything still works. In fact, the number of technical issues is noticeably lower than last patch. And I honestly can't tell if EAC is even running. Although better this time, it still seems to underperform a bit. Maybe wine/dxvk is not liking the partial transition to the new renderer and that's what causing the high cpu loads.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.