Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Is Boarderlands 2 Ever.....
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
pete910 Aug 22, 2019
Is Borderlands 2 ever going to get updated with the latest patch/DLC

Has been an age since the windows version was patched, Guess Linux is out of favour now with Gearbox and co :'(

Just to note, I have no interest in using wine/proton!!!!!!

@liam any chance of asking some of your connections
Liam Dawe Aug 23, 2019
I emailed them on the 7th, no reply, have done so again today.
no_information_here Aug 25, 2019
Quoting: Liam DaweI emailed them on the 7th, no reply, have done so again today.
I appreciate that, too. It would be nice to get it but my hopes aren't high...
Liam Dawe Aug 25, 2019
Quoting: no_information_here
Quoting: Liam DaweI emailed them on the 7th, no reply, have done so again today.
I got a reply this time but sadly can't share what was said...
pete910 Aug 25, 2019
Quoting: Liam Dawe
Quoting: no_information_here
I got a reply this time but sadly can't share what was said...

:O

Good, bad ?

Thanks for trying .
Salvatos Aug 25, 2019
I assume it's bad since the only "good" thing I can think of would be if they were sitting on it because another unannounced DLC is releasing soon and they want to push the update along with it - and if that were the case and they thought it was a good thing, they would have done the same with the Mac version. But it would be pretty stupid to leave something broken for 6+ months just because you have an additional update in the pipeline.

Releasing the fix for Mac only also broke the Linux version's cross-play even further, so they probably just don't care.

Plus, if they had something exciting coming up that they don't want to be known, I doubt they would tell Liam. Whereas something like "we're not even working on it right now but don't tell anyone because we suck at PR" is more plausible at this point.
WorMzy Aug 25, 2019
I think it's more likely that they're working on it, have a rough idea when it'll be ready, but don't want to get everyone's hopes up. They've already said that they're working on the HD texture pack for Linux, so they're probably rolling them both into one update.

Sure it sucks that we have to wait, but I'm hopeful that we haven't been forgotten about.

Maybe someone needs to send them some more sweeties?
Ehvis Aug 25, 2019
Honestly, I think they have their people working on getting the games to work an 64 bit macs due to the 32 bit deprecation and they simply don't have manpower to work on the Linux version. Aspyr is a Mac porter first.
WorMzy Aug 25, 2019
I'll be honest and admit that I have very little insight into what's happening in the Mac world, but I thought that they moved to 64-bit only a long time ago? The only thing I've heard recently is that they still ship python2 by default, which is EOL at the end of this year (!!).
Ehvis Aug 25, 2019
Mac has support for running 32 bit apps (just like Linux). But that will be removed in the near future and all 32 bit apps will be removed from the app store (for the new version I assume). I imagine that being invisible in the app store is not a good thing for Mac publishers.
no_information_here Aug 26, 2019
Quoting: Liam DaweI got a reply this time but sadly can't share what was said...
Hmm. Not sure how to interpret that.

I am a patient gamer so, as long as it will come out some day in the next year or two, that would make me happy enough.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.