Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Switch pro controller loads as second player in Rocket League
Samwell Oct 2, 2019
When I use configuration support in Steam the controller works perfectly in steam menus and such, but it appears as second player in game. When i opt out of configuration support the controller shows up in game but the joystick is screwed up. In /dev/input there are two js* devices when configuration support is enabled and one device when it is disabled. I use it in Bluetooth since it doesn’t appear at all when wired except in lsusb I think.
Specs: i7 8700, rtx 2070, 500gb nvme for home and root. openSUSE leap 15.1 with latest kernel I think as of two weeks ago (or whatever it installed with). On my old install of leap 42.3 in January when I tried this controller last i got it working perfectly so idk what updates changed to things that caused this issue. I used to use an Xbox 1 bluetooth controller without configuration support and it was perfect but I lost it recently.
Liam Dawe Oct 2, 2019
That's odd as my Gioteck is basically a Switch Pro controller and no issues there.

Do you have the Steam Input udev rules setup correctly?
Samwell Oct 2, 2019
Quoting: Liam DaweThat's odd as my Gioteck is basically a Switch Pro controller and no issues there.

Do you have the Steam Input udev rules setup correctly?
I took them from my old install which had the controller working fine and the switch rules were took from a github issue I believe. It doesn’t seem like udev issue from the rules perspective though since the controller works fine if I use it in second player? Also your controller may configure in generic controller configuration so maybe that is slightly different but it shouldn’t matter.
Liam Dawe Oct 2, 2019
My pad registers as Switch Pro and uses the same configuration as a Switch Pro which is why I find it odd that yours isn't working right.

Are you sure nothing else at all is plugged in and turned on? The only time this has happened to me is when I left something in without realising.
Samwell Oct 3, 2019
Quoting: Liam DaweMy pad registers as Switch Pro and uses the same configuration as a Switch Pro which is why I find it odd that yours isn't working right.

Are you sure nothing else at all is plugged in and turned on? The only time this has happened to me is when I left something in without realising.

I fixed it but it is real sketchy and need a more permanent solution. I removed js0 and the corresponding event device (event21) and then made a system link of js1 to js0 and event22 to event 21. It tricks Steam and rocket league to thinking the controller it emulates with configuration support is the only controller connected. Otherwise it thinks the original device is player 1 and the emulated one is player two. Strange how yours doesn’t do it though, or that mine does. Perhaps a buffer isn’t flushed or something in the device manager is not reloading or applying changes, IDK.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.