Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
  Go to:
Stadia Founders Thread
drlamb commented on 21 November 2019 at 4:29 pm UTC

Liam DaweMy Stadia has arrived. No code, so completely fucking useless. Their customer service has so far been the worst of any launches.

I've been through: Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Steam Machine/SteamOS - Stadia is by far the worst launch so far of them all.

I agree. The pure vitriol on the subreddit is insane but I cannot say Google doesn't deserve it. The sheer amount of trolls/misinformation being spewed is overwhelming. I wish I could respond and correct all of it but honestly it's just damaging my mental health. I have a passion for Linux/Gaming/Technology that doesn't mix with the cancel/outrage culture of today.

---

Back to stadia. I did end up purchasing Metro Exodus to try and it does run well but not as smooth as Destiny 2. I do not know the resolution the game is running at.

Ultimately I returned it because Metro Exodus, like Borderlands 3, is a game with series history on Linux. Both of those games have Linux builds but only for Stadia because of Epic's anti-steam bullshit. I truly hope we see both of these games on Linux, via steam (or Epic Launcher now *laughs*) once Epic's deal expires. Manipulating the market to be against ONE competitor smells highly of antitrust to me.

This is also why I've held off on RDR2 as I want to see if it works in proton well next month first.

Go to:

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts