Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE - compatibility
Arten commented on 27 October 2019 at 11:13 pm UTC

Hi
I planning build new PC, but i don‘t know where check, if there is some compatibility issues with motherboard (GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE) on linux. Have anyone experience with this motherboard?
For new PC i thinking about Manjaro with KDE or Kubuntu.

Thanks

The_Aquabat commented on 29 October 2019 at 9:27 am UTC

stay away from gigabyte all their mobos have broken bioses on linux (IOMMU grouping is borked) (at least the "gaming" lineup, maybe the AOURUS line up is better). I already owned two but in my case I'm still buying them because their repair/support office is the best here where I live, and also just a few train stations from my home. But otherwise if there is no special reason for you to get gigabyte I'll say go with other brands, I heard good things about ASUS on linux.

Things are a little different here in latinamerica not all the brands have local offices and repair. So there could be a great quality brand with no local offices, (so I stay away from that), or the opposite, like gigabyte a mediocre quality brand but with great local support and repair offices

Last edited by The_Aquabat on 29 October 2019 at 9:49 am UTC

x_wing commented on 30 October 2019 at 7:14 pm UTC

Two months ago I updated my system with a Ryzen 3700X and an ASUS Prime x570-P. I have no problems at all with my current distro (KDE Neon -- Ubuntun 18.04 // used the my installation "as it was" in my ssd) and I'm very pleased with the overall performance of the system.

tuubi commented on 30 October 2019 at 8:09 pm UTC

x_wingTwo months ago I updated my system with a Ryzen 3700X and an ASUS Prime x570-P. I have no problems at all with my current distro (KDE Neon -- Ubuntun 18.04 // used the my installation "as it was" in my ssd) and I'm very pleased with the overall performance of the system.
I went with the previous generation ASUS Prime X470-Pro, but my experience has been smooth as well.

Arten commented on 30 October 2019 at 9:17 pm UTC

My last build have gigabyte without problems, that's why I preferred him. Now i try Asus :-) We don't have problem with repair/support here in central europe.
Thank you all for the advice.

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Story Time: „Unavowed“ (Wine)
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts