You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
November Update
Page: «2/5»
  Go to:
Shmerl Nov 24, 2019
As for timeline, dxvk becoming mostly functional is a major milestone. It happened around October 13, 2018.

See: http://jason-blog.jlekstrand.net/2018/10/transform-feedback-is-terrible-so-why.html
Liam Dawe Nov 24, 2019
Ah screw it, why not, might be useful.

[compare][/compare]

Used by:
[compare]![](URL ONE)![](URL TWO)[/compare]
Has to be all together, no extra spacing or lines.
Termy Nov 25, 2019
Quoting: Liam DaweAfter login, the cookies look fine. Creation date we don't set manually, weird it shows as 2038 for you heh, that won't affect anything though.

Something somewhere must have wiped them, but I can't be sure on what exactly. The only time our code wipes cookies are when your session is completely expired (not logged in for 1-2 months) or you manually logout.

However, last night I did fix an issue where the session expiry didn't match cookie expiry (one was 30 days, one was 60 days - woops), they now share the same timing code parsed to the format each needs.

Still, that shouldn't have caused an issue where people are logged out after only a day, so more investigation is needed.

However, I've looked over the code and discovered something possibly stupid I've done with the way we store sessions which I THINK might actually be causing this. Will update when I've adjusted (not a security issue, just dumb). Actually that bit was fine, mmm.

i just looked at the cookies on my windoze-office-pc, and got more or less the same there. Only this time, the _cfduid cookie has 1577019437 as expiry date (last login was friday morning).
That expiry date has not changed after login though?
Liam Dawe Nov 25, 2019
Quoting: Termy
Quoting: Liam DaweAfter login, the cookies look fine. Creation date we don't set manually, weird it shows as 2038 for you heh, that won't affect anything though.

Something somewhere must have wiped them, but I can't be sure on what exactly. The only time our code wipes cookies are when your session is completely expired (not logged in for 1-2 months) or you manually logout.

However, last night I did fix an issue where the session expiry didn't match cookie expiry (one was 30 days, one was 60 days - woops), they now share the same timing code parsed to the format each needs.

Still, that shouldn't have caused an issue where people are logged out after only a day, so more investigation is needed.

However, I've looked over the code and discovered something possibly stupid I've done with the way we store sessions which I THINK might actually be causing this. Will update when I've adjusted (not a security issue, just dumb). Actually that bit was fine, mmm.

i just looked at the cookies on my windoze-office-pc, and got more or less the same there. Only this time, the _cfduid cookie has 1577019437 as expiry date (last login was friday morning).
That expiry date has not changed after login though?
_cfduid is set by cloudflare, not us :)
Termy Nov 25, 2019
Quoting: Liam Dawe_cfduid is set by cloudflare, not us :)
Ah ok...so it really must be something on your side if the cf cookie persists?
Anything more i can do to troubleshoot? The Value should't be of intrest, right?
Liam Dawe Nov 25, 2019
Honestly if it continues happening, I'm at a loss.
eldaking Nov 25, 2019
Hmm, I am also being logged out frequently. I login with my Steam account, and that stays logged in, but I have to re-confirm for GOL pretty often.
Termy Nov 25, 2019
Quoting: Liam DaweHonestly if it continues happening, I'm at a loss.

it's happening basically daily on two machines :/
It isn't rebooting or something like that either - i've checked GoL 2h ago and now i was logged out.
now i checked after loading the site but before login, there was a cookie "gol_announce_29" value "set" that was not there the last few times...

It there some kind of account reset you can do?
eldaking Nov 25, 2019
Wow, I logged in to post, and right now just had to login again. I didn't even close my browser in the meantime. I assumed it happened daily or something.
Liam Dawe Nov 25, 2019
Yeah, I think at this point we're going to need to rip out the entire login system and re-do it. Just can't pinpoint why it's happening at all. There should be no reason for cookies to suddenly vanish, when the date they're given is for 60 days. The issue happens to me too, I've been trying to track why for half a year at least.

Something, somewhere, is causing the cookie to be wiped.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 25 November 2019 at 7:34 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.