Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
November Update
Page: «3/5»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Nov 25, 2019
Doing some further login/cookie investigation, discovered a few AJAX files that weren't setting the session and yet the were pulling in the user class resulting in the cookie being regenerated when the user class detects no session and then starts it. Going to fix those and then carry on investigating, it's entirely possibly they were one part of the issue since they were messing with the session when not needed. Keep your fingers crossed.
Termy Nov 25, 2019
*fingers crossed*^_^
Liam Dawe Nov 25, 2019
Right, the fixes are up. Do let me know if you continue to see logouts.
Termy Nov 26, 2019
1 hour ago i was logged in, now i was logged out again. But maybe that was legacy, we'll see tomorrow for sure xD
Liam Dawe Nov 26, 2019
Quoting: Termy1 hour ago i was logged in, now i was logged out again. But maybe that was legacy, we'll see tomorrow for sure xD
I am curious to know if you manage to figure out anything in particular that does it. Would like to narrow it down now the above issues are solved.
Termy Nov 27, 2019
So i was just logged out again - i took a look at the cookies this morning and noticed that gol-device and gol_session were not there despite still being logged in?!
I've now saved the cookies and next time i'm logged out i will try loading them again and see if they get deleted again.
Termy Nov 28, 2019
Quoting: Liam Dawe
Quoting: Termy1 hour ago i was logged in, now i was logged out again. But maybe that was legacy, we'll see tomorrow for sure xD
I am curious to know if you manage to figure out anything in particular that does it. Would like to narrow it down now the above issues are solved.

Ok, it seems that the site really is deleting gol-device and gol_session after a time. I was just logged out, the cookies were gone. I recovered the backup, reload the site - cookies deleted.

I would assume that the hash stored in this cookies is also stored somewhere on the server and deleted if they don't match or something like that?

Edit: i just tried editing the values of those two cookies - no logout. But as soon as i also edited the value of the PHPSESSID cookie, i was logged out and the other two cookies were deleted.
I then tried to only modify PHPSESSID, but that didn't log me out or delete the cookies.

So it seems all three cookies have to mismatch? I'm no Webdev, but maybe you can make something of this? ^^

Last edited by Termy on 28 November 2019 at 8:35 am UTC
Liam Dawe Nov 28, 2019
Messing with the cookies won't do much, until your session expires and they're read again.

Still tracking where it happens, but since my fixes posted earlier it's not happened once to me personally when I saw it often. So it must be something you're doing, that I'm not where it happens.
Termy Nov 28, 2019
Quoting: Liam DaweMessing with the cookies won't do much, until your session expires and they're read again.

Still tracking where it happens, but since my fixes posted earlier it's not happened once to me personally when I saw it often. So it must be something you're doing, that I'm not where it happens.

Well, it does do something: make the site delete the cookies ;)
If i modify the value of all three cookies (just changed the last digit) and then visit the site, gol-device and gol_session get deleted despite expiry set to 27-01-2020 and i'm no longer logged in.
Liam Dawe Nov 28, 2019
Quoting: Termy
Quoting: Liam DaweMessing with the cookies won't do much, until your session expires and they're read again.

Well, it does do something: make the site delete the cookies ;)
If i modify the value of all three cookies (just changed the last digit) and then visit the site, gol-device and gol_session get deleted despite expiry set to 27-01-2020 and i'm no longer logged in.
Yes, if you modify the gol_session cookie, the next time it is read when your session expires it will kick you out. It's supposed to do that ;)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.