You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Login issues - bounty being offered
Liam Dawe commented on 7 December 2019 at 10:54 am UTC

Hello all, if you know your way around PHP I may have a little job for you. I'm offering a current bounty of £50 to anyone who can figure out why the GOL cookie that keeps people logged in, vanishes seemingly at random.

Details here: https://gitlab.com/liamdawe/gamingonlinux/issues/379

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 7 December 2019 at 10:54 am UTC

Pangaea commented on 8 December 2019 at 5:30 pm UTC

I like cookies.

*snip* - plz, no - liam

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 8 December 2019 at 8:37 pm UTC

Salvatos commented on 8 December 2019 at 7:50 pm UTC

Have you had reports of this behaviour from multiple users? The only time I was logged out unexpectedly was when I tried using a Firefox pinned tab here, so maybe there's something about how PHP sessions are handled in that case.

As a sidenote, it looks like your cake day code doesn't account for February 29th accounts on non-leap years. I think changing line 577 to this would handle it on March 1st but I'm a bit rusty:
if ((($reg_month == date('m') && $reg_day == date('d')) || ($reg_month == "02" && $reg_day == "29" && date('m') == "03" && date('d') == "01")) && $reg_year != date('Y'))

Liam Dawe commented on 8 December 2019 at 8:15 pm UTC

SalvatosHave you had reports of this behaviour from multiple users? The only time I was logged out unexpectedly was when I tried using a Firefox pinned tab here, so maybe there's something about how PHP sessions are handled in that case.
Yes, lots of people had the issue, myself included. I've adjusted a few bits over the last day or two which might fix it. So far, so good.

SalvatosAs a sidenote, it looks like your cake day code doesn't account for February 29th accounts on non-leap years. I think changing line 577 to this would handle it on March 1st but I'm a bit rusty:
if ((($reg_month == date('m') && $reg_day == date('d')) || ($reg_month == "02" && $reg_day == "29" && date('m') == "03" && date('d') == "01")) && $reg_year != date('Y'))
Hmmm, odd, never even though of that. Don't see why it wouldn't work though, it's doing a real basic comparison directly against a timestamp parsed with PHP's date.

EDIT: Switched over the cake-day comparison to use PHP's DATETIME diff, should solve any leap year stuff and works nicer anyway.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 8 December 2019 at 8:33 pm UTC

Liam Dawe commented on 12 December 2019 at 9:59 am UTC

Update: One confirmed issue was identified and fixed today, let's see how it goes.

Salvatos commented on 12 December 2019 at 4:11 pm UTC

Liam DaweEDIT: Switched over the cake-day comparison to use PHP's DATETIME diff, should solve any leap year stuff and works nicer anyway.
Sorry to bring the side topic back up but I think you forgot to check that the user has been here more than 0 year

Liam Dawe commented on 12 December 2019 at 4:20 pm UTC

Oops, fixed!

Sojiro84 commented on 12 December 2019 at 5:24 pm UTC

I had this issue a few times as well, but very rarely. I can stay logged in for weeks and then all of a sudden I am not. I hope a fix can be found!

Liam Dawe commented on 16 December 2019 at 10:13 am UTC

Since this seems solved, closing. If anyone has logout issues, make a new post.

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Sneaky Beaky: „HITMAN“
  • Shots Fired: „Saints Row: The Third“
  • Story Time: „Trüberbrook“
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts