Login issues - bounty being offered
Liam Dawe Dec 7, 2019
Hello all, if you know your way around PHP I may have a little job for you. I'm offering a current bounty of £50 to anyone who can figure out why the GOL cookie that keeps people logged in, vanishes seemingly at random.

Details here: https://gitlab.com/liamdawe/gamingonlinux/issues/379

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 7 December 2019 at 10:54 am UTC
Pangaea Dec 8, 2019
I like cookies.

*snip* - plz, no - liam

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 8 December 2019 at 8:37 pm UTC
Salvatos Dec 8, 2019
Have you had reports of this behaviour from multiple users? The only time I was logged out unexpectedly was when I tried using a Firefox pinned tab here, so maybe there's something about how PHP sessions are handled in that case.

As a sidenote, it looks like your cake day code doesn't account for February 29th accounts on non-leap years. I think changing line 577 to this would handle it on March 1st but I'm a bit rusty:
if ((($reg_month == date('m') && $reg_day == date('d')) || ($reg_month == "02" && $reg_day == "29" && date('m') == "03" && date('d') == "01")) && $reg_year != date('Y'))
Liam Dawe Dec 8, 2019
Quoting: SalvatosHave you had reports of this behaviour from multiple users? The only time I was logged out unexpectedly was when I tried using a Firefox pinned tab here, so maybe there's something about how PHP sessions are handled in that case.
Yes, lots of people had the issue, myself included. I've adjusted a few bits over the last day or two which might fix it. So far, so good.

Quoting: SalvatosAs a sidenote, it looks like your cake day code doesn't account for February 29th accounts on non-leap years. I think changing line 577 to this would handle it on March 1st but I'm a bit rusty:
if ((($reg_month == date('m') && $reg_day == date('d')) || ($reg_month == "02" && $reg_day == "29" && date('m') == "03" && date('d') == "01")) && $reg_year != date('Y'))
Hmmm, odd, never even though of that. Don't see why it wouldn't work though, it's doing a real basic comparison directly against a timestamp parsed with PHP's date.

EDIT: Switched over the cake-day comparison to use PHP's DATETIME diff, should solve any leap year stuff and works nicer anyway.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 8 December 2019 at 8:33 pm UTC
Liam Dawe Dec 12, 2019
Update: One confirmed issue was identified and fixed today, let's see how it goes.
Salvatos Dec 12, 2019
Quoting: Liam DaweEDIT: Switched over the cake-day comparison to use PHP's DATETIME diff, should solve any leap year stuff and works nicer anyway.
Sorry to bring the side topic back up but I think you forgot to check that the user has been here more than 0 year :)

Liam Dawe Dec 12, 2019
Oops, fixed!
Sojiro84 Dec 12, 2019
I had this issue a few times as well, but very rarely. I can stay logged in for weeks and then all of a sudden I am not. I hope a fix can be found!
Liam Dawe Dec 16, 2019
Since this seems solved, closing. If anyone has logout issues, make a new post.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.