Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine
Page: «23/30»
  Go to:
Shmerl Jan 16, 2023
Quoting: scaineI've got a 6900XT now, but presumably it's still unlikely to enjoy much performance. I might still give it a shot though. So nice to see AMD starting to make inroads on their competition with RT.

You can give it a try: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/bnieuwenhuizen/mesa/-/tree/stable-rt-handles

On 6800XT I got 12 fps with 2560x1440 and medium present for ray racing. Without ray tracing enabled I get around 90 fps. So it's a huge performance hit. But something expected probably for RDNA 2 cards.

May be RDNA 3 can bring it a bit more into usable shape.

Last edited by Shmerl on 16 January 2023 at 1:13 am UTC
Shmerl Jan 16, 2023
Also, I think reflections are not correct with it. But I'll dig more when that fix will be merged.

Last edited by Shmerl on 16 January 2023 at 10:16 pm UTC
Shmerl Feb 23, 2023
This MR was merged, so CP2077 should not crash with ray tracing enabled on AMD anymore with upstream Mesa main!

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/merge_requests/21406

Last edited by Shmerl on 23 February 2023 at 10:37 pm UTC
Shmerl Feb 24, 2023
Testing new Sapphire Pulse 7900 XTX.

Some benchmarks vs previous Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT.

radv: Current Mesa main (git-ed76833705)
resoluton: 2560x1440
settings: ultra, no upscaling.

== No ray tracing ==

6800 XT

7900 XTX

== Ray tracing on ==

All ray tracing settings enabled on Medium.

6800 XT

7900 XTX

Last edited by Shmerl on 24 February 2023 at 5:30 am UTC
Shmerl Feb 24, 2023
OK, correction. Looks like there was a bottleneck on the CPU that's helped with using Wine+esync. With that, there is a major performance boost:

7900 XTX:

== No ray tracing ==

== Ray tracing on ==

Last edited by Shmerl on 24 February 2023 at 10:50 am UTC
scaine Feb 24, 2023
Quoting: ShmerlOK, correction. Looks like there was a bottleneck on the CPU that's helped with using Wine+esync. With that, there is a major performance boost

30fps at 1440p and no upscaling is getting there! How does upscaling affect the RT performance? I'm still on a 6900XT and will be for a couple of years yet, might give this a go myself to see some figures.
Shmerl Feb 24, 2023
Hm, I noticed that when enabling RT the benchmarks shows "balanced" for FSR. Not sure what's going on, I didn't enable it. I'll re-test.
Shmerl Feb 24, 2023
Updated the post above with correct values. So ray tracing without upscaling gives 15-17 fps, not 30.

Last edited by Shmerl on 24 February 2023 at 10:54 am UTC
scaine Mar 3, 2023
So, after I launch the game with
VKD3D_CONFIG=dxr11 RADV_PERFTEST=rt gamemoderun mangohud %command% --launcher-skip
I get into Settings:

But I turn all of those sliders to "On", I get a hard crash.

If I turn the first to on, but leave Reflections, Sun Shadows and Local Shadows off, and RT Lighting off, it works, but probably isn't doing anything, since I don't see much difference.

What are your tests above using, Shmerl?

Edit: Even turning on only "Reflections" causes a crash too.

Last edited by scaine on 3 March 2023 at 1:22 pm UTC
Shmerl Mar 3, 2023
Quoting: scaineEdit: Even turning on only "Reflections" causes a crash too.

You need to use Wine 8.2 + vkd3d-proton master, as far as I know Proton doesn't support needed features yet.

And naturally Mesa-main, not release version.

Last edited by Shmerl on 3 March 2023 at 4:05 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.