Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine
Page: «30/30
  Go to:
Shmerl Jan 21
Quoting: XpanderI hit that bug once also. In dogtown, suddenly GPU usage dropped and fps dropped to really stinky numbers... i moved the location opened the map and closed it and then all went back to normal, even driving back to the spot where the slowdown happened, all was fine then.. haven't encountered this since.
very bizarre thing.. i do use fsync.

Do you have some suggestion how to generate fsync patches for regular Wine? I'm looking at some scripts here: https://github.com/Frogging-Family/wine-tkg-git

But it's all poorly documented.
Xpander Jan 21
Quoting: ShmerlDo you have some suggestion how to generate fsync patches for regular Wine? I'm looking at some scripts here: https://github.com/Frogging-Family/wine-tkg-git

But it's all poorly documented.

Honestly i don't know anymore since i have been using just proton or GE-proton builds lately.
Too much wasted time to dig into the vanilla wine and what needs to be patched in.

Doesn't wine-staging have fsync?
or what prevents you from compiling the tkg builds that have toggles what patches you want?
Shmerl Jan 21
Wine staging has only esync. Tkg or GE have a ton of stuff that I'm not really familiar enough with. I prefer to stick to upstream Wine as much as possible (with exception of really necessary things like dxvk, vkd3d-proton and esync) in case I need to report bugs.

Last edited by Shmerl on 21 January 2024 at 9:48 am UTC
Quoting: ShmerlI'm hitting this issue again with GPU not being fully loaded. I tried again with some WINE_CPU_TOPOLOGY variations, and nothing really helps.

I'm using Wine+esync. I wonder if fsync would make it any better.

Have you tried taskset instead of wine topology? For example i use following for my cpu (i7-13700H):

taskset -c 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11

For really old games:

taskset -c 0,1,2,3,4,5
Shmerl Jan 21
I don't see much of an effect from using that either. I think the problem isn't related to ccx.
Shmerl Feb 9
Not sure what happened, but now it all works well again:

jens Feb 24
  • Supporter
I just figured that CP2077 fully recognizes my Dual Sense 5 (haptics and PS glyphs) when using a cable instead of Bluetooth and disabling Steam Input. Very nice and finally no more misleading x-box buttons in the game!
(This is obviously on Steam, I don't know if/how this works with other versions/launchers)

Last edited by jens on 24 February 2024 at 8:01 am UTC
Shmerl Mar 4
This mod is excellent for the Dogtown underground area: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2913

It really should have been part of the base game.

Last edited by Shmerl on 4 March 2024 at 3:04 am UTC
Shmerl Mar 7
I'm getting really annoying stutters when autosave kicks in and I have a fast SSD so I doubt it's because of some massive I/O? Does anyone get such issue? I don't remember this happening in the past.
Xpander Mar 8
Did not notice any issues when i tested the nvidia's reflex work that got merged into latest vkd3d-proton.
I have the game on SSD also. I use fps cap of 90 though, so it runs on that constantly without any jumps.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.