Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine
Page: «28/31»
  Go to:
Shmerl Oct 27, 2023
Disabling SMT in the settings works same way as auto. I'll check WINE_CPU_TOPOLOGY, but it's still weird that before this update it all worked fine.
Shmerl Oct 27, 2023
Hm, using this did boost GPU usage to 90%:

export WINE_CPU_TOPOLOGY=8:0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7

But it's weird that the new version works worse with 16 core CPU.
Xpander Oct 27, 2023
Quoting: ShmerlHm, using this did boost GPU usage to 90%:

export WINE_CPU_TOPOLOGY=8:0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7

But it's weird that the new version works worse with 16 core CPU.

Maybe they F**ked up the SMT settings with new update. Need to see if more people have this issue. My CPU is 1 CCX so maybe i dont get affected for those reasons.
Shmerl Oct 27, 2023
Experimenting with it. This seems to work around the same way:

export WINE_CPU_TOPOLOGY=16:0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15

Supposedly that's using logical cores anyway, so 0-15 would fall in the first CCX.

Last edited by Shmerl on 27 October 2023 at 6:42 am UTC
Shmerl Oct 27, 2023
That's weird. I now turned off this variable and it still uses the GPU at around 90%+. So it was some weird fluke?

I'm also using wine-esync, not wine-fsync (didn't figure out how to build the latter without all the extra proton stuff so far).
Shmerl Nov 5, 2023
Looks like with recent Wine builds (tested with 8.19) you don't need d3dcompiler_47 native override for using CyberEngine Tweaks anymore. The built in compiler finally works fine.
Shmerl Dec 3, 2023
CP2077 running using winewayland driver:

Graphics look fine, but mouse input is broken as expected (it's still missing some needed features).
Shmerl Dec 8, 2023
Now with mouselook input merged the game works better in Wayland mode:

Some issues still remain.

* Window title is missing.
* Input keys for plugins like cyber engine tweaks aren't working anymore.

Last edited by Shmerl on 8 December 2023 at 6:02 am UTC
BlackBloodRum Dec 8, 2023
Quoting: Shmerl* Input keys for plugins like cyber engine tweaks aren't working anymore.
Are you sure this isn't just CET not being loaded? I had that issue on proton 8.

Rename /bin/x64/bink2w64.dll to /bin/x64/bink2w64Hooked.dll, then rename /bin/x64/version.dll (from CET) to /bin/x64/bink2w64.dll.

Launch the game (might take a while), and then you should have CET working.

Quoting: ShmerlLooks like with recent Wine builds (tested with 8.19) you don't need d3dcompiler_47 native override for using CyberEngine Tweaks anymore. The built in compiler finally works fine.
This hasn't been necessary for a long time, at least I haven't used it since game version 1.5.

Last edited by BlackBloodRum on 8 December 2023 at 8:48 pm UTC
Shmerl Dec 8, 2023
Quoting: BlackBloodRumAre you sure this isn't just CET not being loaded? I had that issue on proton 8.

I'm sure, because CET works in the very beginning of the loading screen, before mouse capture happens, and then it stops when cursor containment kicks in. So it's very likely related to that.

Last edited by Shmerl on 8 December 2023 at 9:04 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.