Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine
Page: «9/30»
  Go to:
Arehandoro Feb 24, 2021
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: ArehandoroEarlier in the week I realised that the radios in the vehicles wouldn't sound for me, even with the new fixes introduced in latest Proton.

Can you report this bug to Wine developers please?

Sure, can do!
Arehandoro Mar 30, 2021
Has anyone tried the game since the 1.2 update? On top of that update, I upgraded fedora to 34 beta, and I must say I'm very impressed! I get around 60FPS with all in high at 2K, around 75FPS with all high without contact shadows. The game isn't perfect, but damn it really sucked me in.
Shmerl Mar 31, 2021
I'm still waiting to get the latest AMD card to play it. It might take a long time with current crazy GPU shortages.
Shmerl Jun 20, 2021
So, I decided to try the game using 5700 XT (waiting for a new GPU will take forever). It runs pretty well graphics wise now with latest Wine and vkd3d-proton.

But it now has an annoying crackling audio issue which I haven't noticed before. Did anyone encounter it? And are there any workarounds? It really ruins the experience.

I'm using latest GOG version (1.23) and Wine 6.11 + vkd3d-proton master.

Last edited by Shmerl on 20 June 2021 at 11:50 pm UTC
Pangaea Jun 21, 2021
Don't have the game, but it sounds like what I had problems with in Witcher 3 earlier. The sound would suddenly start crackling, with voices crackling too, or breaking up, and there was nothing to do but restart the game. But if it's like this when you start up the game too, I don't know.

Last edited by Pangaea on 21 June 2021 at 3:32 am UTC
tuubi Jun 21, 2021
Quoting: ShmerlBut it now has an annoying crackling audio issue which I haven't noticed before. Did anyone encounter it? And are there any workarounds? It really ruins the experience.
Starting the game with `PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=60` might help.
Shmerl Jun 21, 2021
Quoting: tuubiStarting the game with `PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=60` might help.

I just switched to Pipewire altogether, though it didn't help (it still provides a Pulseaudio frontend that Wine uses). Looks like CP2077 in general has some kind of sample rate issues that pop up even on Windows.

Last edited by Shmerl on 21 June 2021 at 6:37 am UTC
Shmerl Jun 21, 2021
Tried setting PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC to 60, 50, 40, 30 - no dice. Supposedly pulse plugin for Pipewire still supports that variable.
Shmerl Jun 21, 2021
Also found this: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016573518-Cyberpunk-2077-Audio-cracking-noises?product=gog

Now I need to figure out how to switch to 16-bit format in Pipewire / Pulse.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.