You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Surviving Mars graphical glitch
tuxintuxedo commented on 17 January 2020 at 5:15 pm UTC

Hello everyone.
I am playing Surviving Mars through Steam on an Intel VGA. A thought it wouldn't be enough for it but instead I'm amazed how fluid the game is. Only problem is that whenever there is a game stopping message (e.g. breakthrough) or I open the in-game menu, the background turns into a strange purple mess. Closing the window and continuing the game, everything turns back to normal.
Any help would be appreciated.
glitch image
I could only upload it this way.

Last edited by tuxintuxedo on 17 January 2020 at 5:20 pm UTC

serge commented on 18 January 2020 at 11:08 am UTC

Hello,

it is probably a driver bug or game bug, you should fill a bug report to the mesa bug list and to the paradox forum.

kaiman commented on 18 January 2020 at 3:03 pm UTC

I've got the GOG version and have been playing with an nVidia card without issue. So likely not a problem with the game itself.

tuxintuxedo commented on 18 January 2020 at 4:42 pm UTC

The current situation.
I tried sending a bug report with the games' own bug sender, but it told me it failed.
I looked around the Paradox forum and found two things. First, they state that they don't support any Intel VGA on Linux and OSX. So in case someone looks into it, this bug will either have a very low priority for the devs or simply neglected. Second, someone else already reported this bug on the forum and did a detailed investigation as well. The game's shader is buggy but the way Mesa handled it before has also changed. So I expect that there will be some kind of Mesa fix for it sooner or later, as I don't expect Paradox fixing it on their side.
In case someone meets the same problem, it can be followed here.
Mesa gitlab
Thank you for your answers.

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • MMOre Fun: „World of Warcraft“ (Wine/DXVK)
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts