You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Doom 3
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
damarrin 14 Mar

I have now played a couple of hours. It's just great. It looks very good and barely makes my laptop's fan spin. The computer I played it on the first time barely managed around 12 fps at a low res and with low settings. I'm now on ultra at 1440x900 on a 10-yo machine with definitely less than 60 fps, but still very playable. I just might play it through again. :-)

RafiLinux 14 Mar

Quoting: HamishThis looks relevant:
https://github.com/dhewm/dhewm3/issues/140

"make sure to install both the dhewm3 and the dhewm3-doom3 package - the latter contains the base.so"

This helped. Now I am setting up the resolution and such.

RafiLinux 14 Mar

I got everything working except for full screen. I have a border on my screen and I'm unable to see the full menu.

Cyril 14 Mar

On my side, I installed RBDOOM-3-BFG and works fine, it's available on AUR. Didn't try yet the .run file.

Hamish 14 Mar

Quoting: CyrilOn my side, I installed RBDOOM-3-BFG and works fine, it's available on AUR. Didn't try yet the .run file.
You are much better off using a source port than the original Linux version at this point.

Hamish 14 Mar

Quoting: RafiLinuxI got everything working except for full screen. I have a border on my screen and I'm unable to see the full menu.
Load up ~/.config/dhewm3/base/dhewm.cfg and set the following:seta r_fullscreen "1"

You would also need to do the same for ~/.config/dhewm3/d3xp/dhewm.cfg for the expansion pack.

Last edited by Hamish on 14 March 2020 at 6:58 pm UTC

RafiLinux 14 Mar

Quoting: Hamish
Quoting: RafiLinuxI got everything working except for full screen. I have a border on my screen and I'm unable to see the full menu.
Load up ~/.config/dhewm3/base/dhewm.cfg and set the following:seta r_fullscreen "1"

You would also need to do the same for ~/.config/dhewm3/d3xp/dhewm.cfg for the expansion pack.

Thanks. That did not work 100% but I made a config file awhile back for the Steam version under proton and copied that one over it and got full screen up and running.

RafiLinux 26 Mar

Thanks to everyone. I recently ended this game and so did my wife a few days later. We had a great time. Loved it. It may be the best SP FPS of our experience in a long time.

Cheers.

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...