Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal, Flattr, Liberapay or Buy us a Coffee. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Doom 3
damarrin commented on 14 March 2020 at 8:27 am UTC

I have now played a couple of hours. It's just great. It looks very good and barely makes my laptop's fan spin. The computer I played it on the first time barely managed around 12 fps at a low res and with low settings. I'm now on ultra at 1440x900 on a 10-yo machine with definitely less than 60 fps, but still very playable. I just might play it through again. :-)

RafiLinux commented on 14 March 2020 at 2:35 pm UTC

HamishThis looks relevant:
https://github.com/dhewm/dhewm3/issues/140

"make sure to install both the dhewm3 and the dhewm3-doom3 package - the latter contains the base.so"

This helped. Now I am setting up the resolution and such.

RafiLinux commented on 14 March 2020 at 2:53 pm UTC

I got everything working except for full screen. I have a border on my screen and I'm unable to see the full menu.

Cyril commented on 14 March 2020 at 5:19 pm UTC

On my side, I installed RBDOOM-3-BFG and works fine, it's available on AUR. Didn't try yet the .run file.

Hamish commented on 14 March 2020 at 6:49 pm UTC

CyrilOn my side, I installed RBDOOM-3-BFG and works fine, it's available on AUR. Didn't try yet the .run file.
You are much better off using a source port than the original Linux version at this point.

Hamish commented on 14 March 2020 at 6:57 pm UTC

RafiLinuxI got everything working except for full screen. I have a border on my screen and I'm unable to see the full menu.
Load up ~/.config/dhewm3/base/dhewm.cfg and set the following:seta r_fullscreen "1"

You would also need to do the same for ~/.config/dhewm3/d3xp/dhewm.cfg for the expansion pack.

Last edited by Hamish on 14 March 2020 at 6:58 pm UTC

RafiLinux commented on 14 March 2020 at 9:01 pm UTC

Hamish
RafiLinuxI got everything working except for full screen. I have a border on my screen and I'm unable to see the full menu.
Load up ~/.config/dhewm3/base/dhewm.cfg and set the following:seta r_fullscreen "1"

You would also need to do the same for ~/.config/dhewm3/d3xp/dhewm.cfg for the expansion pack.

Thanks. That did not work 100% but I made a config file awhile back for the Steam version under proton and copied that one over it and got full screen up and running.

RafiLinux commented on 26 March 2020 at 1:34 pm UTC

Thanks to everyone. I recently ended this game and so did my wife a few days later. We had a great time. Loved it. It may be the best SP FPS of our experience in a long time.

Cheers.

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Everspace - Live. Fight. Die. Repeat.
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts