Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Doom 3
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
damarrin Mar 14, 2020
I have now played a couple of hours. It's just great. It looks very good and barely makes my laptop's fan spin. The computer I played it on the first time barely managed around 12 fps at a low res and with low settings. I'm now on ultra at 1440x900 on a 10-yo machine with definitely less than 60 fps, but still very playable. I just might play it through again. :-)
Mezron Mar 14, 2020
Quoting: HamishThis looks relevant:
https://github.com/dhewm/dhewm3/issues/140

"make sure to install both the dhewm3 and the dhewm3-doom3 package - the latter contains the base.so"

This helped. Now I am setting up the resolution and such.
Mezron Mar 14, 2020
I got everything working except for full screen. I have a border on my screen and I'm unable to see the full menu.
Cyril Mar 14, 2020
On my side, I installed RBDOOM-3-BFG and works fine, it's available on AUR. Didn't try yet the .run file.
Hamish Mar 14, 2020
Quoting: CyrilOn my side, I installed RBDOOM-3-BFG and works fine, it's available on AUR. Didn't try yet the .run file.
You are much better off using a source port than the original Linux version at this point.
Hamish Mar 14, 2020
Quoting: RafiLinuxI got everything working except for full screen. I have a border on my screen and I'm unable to see the full menu.
Load up ~/.config/dhewm3/base/dhewm.cfg and set the following:seta r_fullscreen "1"

You would also need to do the same for ~/.config/dhewm3/d3xp/dhewm.cfg for the expansion pack.

Last edited by Hamish on 14 March 2020 at 6:58 pm UTC
Mezron Mar 14, 2020
Quoting: Hamish
Quoting: RafiLinuxI got everything working except for full screen. I have a border on my screen and I'm unable to see the full menu.
Load up ~/.config/dhewm3/base/dhewm.cfg and set the following:seta r_fullscreen "1"

You would also need to do the same for ~/.config/dhewm3/d3xp/dhewm.cfg for the expansion pack.

Thanks. That did not work 100% but I made a config file awhile back for the Steam version under proton and copied that one over it and got full screen up and running.
Mezron Mar 26, 2020
Thanks to everyone. I recently ended this game and so did my wife a few days later. We had a great time. Loved it. It may be the best SP FPS of our experience in a long time.

Cheers.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.