Game Managers
Dennis_Payne Apr 27, 2020
What game managers are there? Do you use one? Do you like them? Obviously Steam is the big proprietary one.

Gnome Games focused on emulation although does support running Steam games.
Lutris
Game Hub
Pangaea Apr 27, 2020
Launchers on the desktop, or in the menu.

Fuck bloatware :)
Dennis_Payne Apr 27, 2020
Launchers on the desktop or in the menu work great if you install all your games. Due to humble bundles, I have many games that aren't installed. Game launchers might be a nice way to view ones collections. (I haven't really done that but I can see why someone might.)
on_en_a_gros Apr 27, 2020
It mostly depends on where you buy your games and how much of them you have. If you own a lot of non steam games and non steam windows games lutris or gamehub can be handy for managing your library or the wine install.
But at the end of the day it's more a personal preference that a must have app.

I personally use lutris for all my games ( steam, gog, uplay gzdoom ect), but if I know that I just want to play a specific steam game I generally don't bother to use lutris.

Last edited by on_en_a_gros on 28 April 2020 at 12:11 am UTC
Torqachu Apr 28, 2020
Gamehub (lutris doesn't detect some of my games on gog) if I want to try an "all in one place".
Probably steam + minigalaxy + various emulators if I wanted to keep everything separate.
randyl Apr 28, 2020
I use GameHub for GoG and Itch. Steam I just use their client. I like their Library feature. I have miniGalaxy installed and it works great too if all you want is a dedicated GOG client.

Last edited by randyl on 28 April 2020 at 7:01 am UTC
SirLootALot Apr 28, 2020
Well Retroarch is great if you use a lot of different emulators, However I have mostly replaced it with Lutris.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.