Deus Ex Human Revolution and Deus Ex Mankind Divided DRMFREE on GOG!!
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Avehicle7887 Apr 29, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlIs Mankind Divided using DX11 by the way or may be Vulkan in the latest versions?

I'll give DX:MD a test tomorrow. Windows version uses DX 11+12 afaik though.
Comandante Ñoñardo Apr 29, 2020
Quoting: Ehvis
Quoting: ShmerlAs usual, Feral blew it. The more studios port their own games, the better it will make to avoid such ugly situations.

As usual, you're assuming Feral is even allowed to access GOG for this.

Feral has the publishing rights for Linux and Mac...

They can publish their Linux and Mac ports where ever they want....
.. even Epic Game Store (there is a mac version of the EGS client).

When a publisher release a game DRMFREE is because it really trust in the consumers.

About the games, I am waiting for the Lutris scripts.
wvstolzing Apr 29, 2020
Quoting: Avehicle7887
Quoting: ShmerlIs Mankind Divided using DX11 by the way or may be Vulkan in the latest versions?

I'll give DX:MD a test tomorrow. Windows version uses DX 11+12 afaik though.

The windows version has a DX12 mode -- which is broken, unless they've fixed it in the past few months.
Shmerl Apr 29, 2020
Too bad it's using DX12 junk. They should have used Vulkan in its updates.
Ehvis Apr 30, 2020
[quote=Comandante Ñoñardo]
Quoting: Ehvis
Quoting: ShmerlAs usual, Feral blew it. The more studios port their own games, the better it will make to avoid such ugly situations.

As usual, you're assuming Feral is even allowed to access GOG for this.

Feral has the publishing rights for Linux and Mac...

They can publish their Linux and Mac ports where ever they want....
.. even Epic Game Store (there is a mac version of the EGS client).

That's an assumption. Maybe their contract states that they're only allowed to publish on Steam. Also, Steam supports access from multiple publishers to a single game so Feral can publish their. Have you ever seen any other store show signs of this? So maybe it's up to the original publishers to add this and they simply can't be bothered.

Same as Schmerl, you're so hopelessly biased against Feral that you can't imagine that there could be other reasons why it's not happening. And writing accusations without proof, well, you can figure out how that makes you look.
Shmerl Apr 30, 2020
Quoting: Ehvisyou can't imagine that there could be other reasons why it's not happening.

Feral never bothered explaining their reasons, so why should we bother guessing it for them? They blew it, and that's it. They have their own store even where there is no question they have full control, so looking for any kind of excuses why they didn't release it DRM-free is a waste of time.

Last edited by Shmerl on 30 April 2020 at 8:15 am UTC
Avehicle7887 Apr 30, 2020
Quoting: Guest(--edit: this is for DX:MD)
Installed and ran the benchmark, which...ran, I guess. Then I went oops, perhaps max options shouldn't be turned on for me. It will also take extra time on a first run through, building shaders and all that. So I tweaked a few options (running at 1280x800 to reduce post-processing impact, lessened details here & there, enable this or don't enable that) and have decent visuals without much in the way of jagged edges. A couple of visual glitches, but very minor.

Averages around 45fps to 50fps from the benchmark. Double buffered vsync, however that maps to DXVK. If the full game runs like that, it will be an enjoyable enough experience.

No stability issues getting that far, which is encouraging. Looks like I have my next game to play, seeing as I just finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

How did you get the game to run? I've tried with both DXVK and VKD3D (DX12) and I get the same message "0082:err:d3dcompiler:compile_shader HLSL shader parsing failed."

EDIT:

Turns out I find the solution 2mins later, had to install and set both "d3dx11_43.dll" and "D3DCompiler_43.dll" to 'native'. Runs fine now.

Last edited by Avehicle7887 on 30 April 2020 at 10:02 pm UTC
Avehicle7887 Apr 30, 2020
Quoting: Guest
Quoting: Avehicle7887
Quoting: Guest(--edit: this is for DX:MD)
Installed and ran the benchmark, which...ran, I guess. Then I went oops, perhaps max options shouldn't be turned on for me. It will also take extra time on a first run through, building shaders and all that. So I tweaked a few options (running at 1280x800 to reduce post-processing impact, lessened details here & there, enable this or don't enable that) and have decent visuals without much in the way of jagged edges. A couple of visual glitches, but very minor.

Averages around 45fps to 50fps from the benchmark. Double buffered vsync, however that maps to DXVK. If the full game runs like that, it will be an enjoyable enough experience.

No stability issues getting that far, which is encouraging. Looks like I have my next game to play, seeing as I just finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

How did you get the game to run? I've tried with both DXVK and VKD3D (DX12) and I get the same message "0082:err:d3dcompiler:compile_shader HLSL shader parsing failed."

Now that you mention it, could possibly be the versions of DXVK and wine I'm using. Had issues with later versions of DXVK (waiting on package updates to see if they sort it out) so I'm running something quite old there. Possibly something broke, or rather fails properly when it was ignored before.
DXVK: v1.4.6-1-g1ae7d4b30
wine-5.3

--edit: curse my too fast reply! Glad you got it sorted, but I'll leave this info anyway.

Thanks anyways :)

On another note I just managed to get DX12 working in VKD3D, it requires "d3dcompiler_47.dll" set to 'native' to run.

I'll still use DXVK to go through the game but having access to a DRM-Free DX12 title I can run some benchmarks as VKD3D matures.

-------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Ran some benchmarks comparing DX11 and DX12. For best results I ran each benchmark 3 times and recorded the last one. The first 2 runs were to allow the shader cache to build up.

Settings used:

DXVK:

VKD3D:

Last edited by Avehicle7887 on 30 April 2020 at 11:17 pm UTC
frakswe Apr 30, 2020
Quoting: Avehicle7887Turns out I find the solution 2mins later, had to install and set both "d3dx11_43.dll" and "D3DCompiler_43.dll" to 'native'. Runs fine now.

Hey and thanks for the "d3dx11_43.dll" hint. Didn't think i'd get the bloody thing running, appreciate it,

Last edited by frakswe on 30 April 2020 at 11:24 pm UTC
PublicNuisance May 1, 2020
When I previously asked Feral about bringing Linux and Mac games to GOG the response I got was this:

"We don't have any plans to distribute our games through GOG. If this changes, we'll make announcements through our usual channels."

That doesn't sound like they are unable to more like they don't want to. I own Mankind Divided but it runs poorly still so I want to see if it runs better through Wine sans DRM.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.