You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Having trouble with Just Cause 2? This might fix it.
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Koopacabras May 11, 2020
QuoteBesides, wouldn't a crack break some things... achievements at least?
Normally crack breaks achievements but in this case they work! but even if they don't you don't loose them you just need to run the game without the crack to retrieve all the achievements again, you will get them automatically all at once, when you fire up the game without the crack.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 11 May 2020 at 2:00 am UTC
Koopacabras May 11, 2020
frankly recently I read some semi-official info over steam forums recommending to run unofficial patched files (not really cracks but almost) for gaming on windows Live service, because as you would know Gaming For Windows Live is dead, and some games require it. I don't see this being any different, if steam is ok with people using that stuff (that what it really does is bypass drm), I don't know why they could have anything against this.
The possibility of valve suspending or banning someone over this is very remote, maybe with new releases is more likely but with games that old, like this one, I don't think so.
I mean I don't even know if it is technically possible to get banned, because I don't think that steam is sending info to their servers about what files you are running on your disk. That's what windows 8/10 does and I think that Gabe newell doesn't like that kind of stuff. Yes I know they are verifying the files but that's a lot different from snooping inside the binaries .
I think that only on multiplayer games you can get flagged or banned about this kinda of stuff. And those games have their own system to check the binaries.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 11 May 2020 at 2:15 am UTC
damarrin May 11, 2020
Quoting: GermainZ
Quoting: damarrin
Quoting: obscurenforeignWell, as you can see in my computer info.

We can’t because your profile is private.
It works if you press "View PC info" under their avatar (in this thread), FYI.

Possibly, though not on the phone where no such button appears.

Hmm, that’s probably something for Liam to look into.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.