Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
No Man's Sky 2.52 No Multiplayer on Proton 5.0-9 running Pop!_OS 20.04
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
thohal Jun 26, 2020
Same here and as it was working before the Crossplay-Update (2.52)

The following versions were failing:
  • Proton-5.9

• Proton-ge-5.8 (with some minor mods/patches)

• Proton-ge-5.11 (with some minor mods/patches)

, while 4.11-13 worked as stated by BearedWidget...

This seems like a huge step back after all the progress in NMS
ALazyDope Jun 26, 2020
It worked! Thank you everyone for your time and help. I suppose that is why they provide the older versions, even when newer versions are available, sometimes they just work different, and hopefully Proton 5 will get the compatibility of Proton 4.
Ehvis Jun 26, 2020
It's an interesting conclusion that wine 5 broke something in networking. Satisfactory apparently has networking issues as well. From the proton github it looks like those were related to virtual network interfaces being used by the game instead of the actual one. Could these two issues be related?
ALazyDope Jun 26, 2020
Perhaps, but I don't know enough about the networking behind NMS to say for sure, although it's entirely possible
Liam Dawe Jun 26, 2020
A patch just went up today: https://www.nomanssky.com/2020/06/crossplay-patch-2-55/

It mentions multiplayer adjustments for Win 7, might be time to re-try latest Proton?
ALazyDope Jun 26, 2020
Literally today huh, maybe it was just convenient timing
ALazyDope Jun 26, 2020
Yep, both versions of Proton work now it seems!

Last edited by ALazyDope on 26 June 2020 at 3:50 pm UTC
thohal Jun 26, 2020
Im still facing those those issues and im not not alone

QuoteCrossplay? LOL ...

Since the update, multiplayer no longer works on the PC (whether Windows 7 or Windows 10).
Thanks for nothing ...

, as you can read here
ALazyDope Jun 26, 2020
Well it's working fine for me after today's update
ALazyDope Jun 26, 2020
Very unpredictable, and I wonder what the source of this is
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.