Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
[Solved] Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order does not run, as EA Origin detects no Internet
Page: «2/5»
  Go to:
LordDaveTheKind Jul 6, 2020
Quoting: omicron-bDo you wish to try Flatpak version of Steam?
Yes I think I can give it a try. Even just for having a full report with all the possible scenarios.
I will keep you posted here with the outcome.
use_fork Jul 8, 2020
Hello, I am on Debian Testing (Bullseye) and I have the exact same problem. It's now weeks that I have this issue and so far no solution, and it's look like it is really Debian specific.

I am trying to investigate myself the problem but so far no idea what is going on? One thing is sure, the game was working before, I played with it for some weeks and then one day I got this issue.

I managed however to get an idea when this problem appeared. My last saved games in Jedi Fallen Order is dated June the 6th, and I realized the game was not working anymore almost only a week after, the 14th. Here https://paste.debian.net/hidden/4a2567fd/ I saved a list of packages that got updated in Debian Testing during those days, I removed possibly non related stuffs from the list like games and office applications. Given that the problem might be network/certification related my current suspects are the ca-certificates and the gnutls packages. Doing a version cross check of these packages on other distros might help?
LordDaveTheKind Jul 10, 2020
Quoting: use_forkHello, I am on Debian Testing (Bullseye) and I have the exact same problem. It's now weeks that I have this issue and so far no solution, and it's look like it is really Debian specific.

I am trying to investigate myself the problem but so far no idea what is going on? One thing is sure, the game was working before, I played with it for some weeks and then one day I got this issue.

I managed however to get an idea when this problem appeared. My last saved games in Jedi Fallen Order is dated June the 6th, and I realized the game was not working anymore almost only a week after, the 14th.
I understand. Few other people confirmed that this issue is quite recent.

Quoting: use_forkHere https://paste.debian.net/hidden/4a2567fd/ I saved a list of packages that got updated in Debian Testing during those days, I removed possibly non related stuffs from the list like games and office applications. Given that the problem might be network/certification related my current suspects are the ca-certificates and the gnutls packages. Doing a version cross check of these packages on other distros might help?
Yes I have already checked gnutls and I haven't spot any apparent change, but I'll take a better look at it for sure.

Thank you for the hint. I'll keep you all posted if I find anything.
LordDaveTheKind Jul 10, 2020
Quoting: omicron-bDo you wish to try Flatpak version of Steam?
And it works successfully with Flatpak indeed. Could this be a lead for making some comparisons?
HomerUseTheFork Jul 12, 2020
(Sorry for the second account, got issues with the previous one)

As posted also here https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamPlay/comments/hmjrm6/unable_to_connect_to_ea_servers_for_origin_games/ the list of packages that got updated between 6-14 June on my Debian Testing are here https://paste.debian.net/hidden/f20373e7/

I thought ca-certificates and gnutls packages might be the problem, those also got updated on Debian Stable during the same periods. I downgraded these packages:
  • libneon27-gnutls:amd64, 0.31.1-1 --> 0.30.2-4

• gnutls-bin:amd64, 3.6.14-1 --> 3.6.13-4

• libgnutls30:amd64, 3.6.14-1--> 3.6.13-4

• libgnutls30:i386, 3.6.14-1 --> 3.6.13-4

• libgnutls-dane0:amd64, 3.6.14-1 --> 3.6.13-4)

• ca-certificates, 20200601 --> 20190110

restarted my pc and tried again but the problem is still there. So it must be something else!
Koopacabras Jul 19, 2020
hi is Origin broken with Wine now?? with Proton it works but not with Wine. It gives an installation error, I can't install it.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 19 July 2020 at 4:21 pm UTC
LordDaveTheKind Jul 19, 2020
Quoting: The_Aquabathi is Origin broken with Wine now?? with Proton it works but not with Wine. It gives an installation error, I can't install it.
Few installation errors are common and have a workaround. Have you already checked the Wine AppDB Page for Origin?
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=26175
Koopacabras Jul 20, 2020
Origin sucks on LInux, why I even try? the download got to 50% and complained about missing Virtual Basic Libraries and started all over again from zero.
Koopacabras Jul 23, 2020
So I got to the point where the game runs, but origin has only downloaded 50% of the files, so when I advance in the game I wouldn't be able to progress. I restarted the origin client and it starts verifying games files then, when it's about to start downloading the remmaining it says on the system tray at the corner "A download error has occured".

Last edited by Koopacabras on 23 July 2020 at 5:34 pm UTC
Koopacabras Jul 23, 2020
so I still couldn't figure out the origin not downloading error. But here is my take on this, with Mesa 20.2git performance is getting there, I think that I should wait some months, for final optimizations since mine is a weak card for this game, on more powerful hardware like a navi 5700xt/5600xt, nvidia 1080, the game should play excelent when mesa 20.2 is releasead.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 23 July 2020 at 5:34 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.