Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
[Solved] Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order does not run, as EA Origin detects no Internet
Page: «3/5»
  Go to:
LordDaveTheKind Jul 23, 2020
Quoting: The_Aquabatso I still couldn't figured out the origin not downloading error. But here is my take on this, with Mesa 20.2git performance is getting there, I think that I should wait some months, for final optimizations since mine is a weak card for this game, on more powerful hardware like a navi 5700xt/5600xt, nvidia 1080, the game should play excelent when mesa 20.2 is releasead.

What is your current Hw?
Koopacabras Jul 23, 2020
Quoting: LordDaveTheKindWhat is your current Hw?

it is on my profile/avatar, the game is playable, but there is some stuttering with sometimes frames going below 20fps, but I guess on average the frame are like 50ish, because there's lots of part on the game where I get 60fps. (this is on medium settings) the problem is when it dips below 20 fps because it's really noticeable

Last edited by Koopacabras on 23 July 2020 at 5:36 pm UTC
LordDaveTheKind Jul 24, 2020
Quoting: The_Aquabat
Quoting: LordDaveTheKindWhat is your current Hw?

it is on my profile/avatar, the game is playable, but there is some stuttering with sometimes frames going below 20fps, but I guess on average the frame are like 50ish, because there's lots of part on the game where I get 60fps. (this is on medium settings) the problem is when it dips below 20 fps because it's really noticeable

I see. Did you try to disable shadows?
Koopacabras Jul 24, 2020
QuoteI see. Did you try to disable shadows?

yes. Setting taskset -c 0-5 helped also and some tweaks on dxvk.conf also helped, now I'm going to test dxvk master there's some fixes for this game.
LordDaveTheKind Jul 25, 2020
Quoting: The_Aquabat
QuoteI see. Did you try to disable shadows?

yes. Setting taskset -c 0-5 helped also and some tweaks on dxvk.conf also helped, now I'm going to test dxvk master there's some fixes for this game.

Funny thing is that it takes longer to configure it properly than actually playing it. I've already finished the main story.
Koopacabras Jul 26, 2020
ok I found a tweak from windows forums add this to the game properties on origin, at advanced launch options

Quote-norc -nowrite -nodatabase -useallavailablecores -high -fullscreen

also the game works better if you set the graphics to fullscreen, not window fullscreen, and uncap the frames to 144, or 120.

also I use taskset to use the physical cores on wineserver and starwarsjedifallen executable also renice -2. I have the game on Origin, I suppose on steam is easier, because you can gamemoderun it, but if you launch it from origin you can't.
Wish I knew how to script this . something like

starwars='pidof starwars';
 do renice -2 $starwars; 
do taskset -cp 0-5 $starwars &&
 if wineserver='pidof wineserver', 
do renice -2 $wineserver, 
do taskset -cp 0-5 $wineserver
🤔🤔 not good at scripting

Last edited by Koopacabras on 26 July 2020 at 8:53 pm UTC
LordDaveTheKind Jul 26, 2020
Quoting: The_Aquabatok I found a tweak from windows forums add this to the game properties on origin, at advanced launch options

Quote-norc -nowrite -nodatabase -useallavailablecores -high -fullscreen

also the game works better if you set the graphics to fullscreen, not window fullscreen, and uncap the frames to 144, or 120.

also I use taskset to use the physical cores on wineserver and starwarsjedifallen executable also renice -2. I have the game on Origin, I suppose on steam is easier, because you can gamemoderun it, but if you launch it from origin you can't.
Wish I knew how to script this . something like

starwars='pidof starwars';
 do renice -2 $starwars; 
do taskset -cp 0-5 $starwars &&
 if wineserver='pidof wineserver', 
do renice -2 $wineserver, 
do taskset -cp 0-5 $wineserver
🤔🤔 not good at scripting

I used taskset as well, and it did improve the overall game performance.
Koopacabras Jul 26, 2020
I think this script works run it after the game starts and with sudo.

#!/bin/sh
wineserver=$(pidof wineserver)
starwars=$(pidof starwarsjedifal)
renice -2 -p $wineserver;
taskset -cp 0-5 $wineserver;
renice -2 -p $starwars;
taskset -cp 0-5 $starwars;
exit

adjust taskset to your physical cores.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 26 July 2020 at 9:23 pm UTC
LordDaveTheKind Jul 26, 2020
Quoting: The_AquabatI think this script works run it after the game starts and with sudo.

#!/bin/sh
wineserver=$(pidof wineserver)
starwars=$(pidof starwarsjedifal)
renice -2 -p $wineserver;
taskset -cp 0-5 $wineserver;
renice -2 -p $starwars;
taskset -cp 0-5 $starwars;
exit

adjust taskset to your physical cores.

you would then define a NOPASSWD rule in sudoers specifically for running this script then
LordDaveTheKind Aug 21, 2020
Quoting: use_forkGiven that the problem might be network/certification related my current suspects are the ca-certificates and the gnutls packages. Doing a version cross check of these packages on other distros might help?

I have found some updates in the last days with the precious support of the Wine AppDB Team.

It seems to be an issue related to missing certificates on Debian from release 10 onwards, and it applies to several other apps which might require dedicated SSL connections, such as Amazon Kindle for PC (any version). All the discussion is in the Wine AppDB comments thread:
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=26175

I'll copy and paste the relevant text here below:

Here a workaround for Debian Testing (see also for a related issue: Debian bug #962596, message #43 ):
  • download the ca-certificates package version 20190110
  • extract the content from the package and take these certificates ('data.tar.xz', folder 'usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla'):
    • VeriSign_Class_3_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G4.crt
    • VeriSign_Class_3_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G5.crt
    • VeriSign_Universal_Root_Certification_Authority.crt
  • create the folder '/usr/local/share/ca-certificates/extra' and put the three certificates there
  • update the certificates with 'sudo update-ca-certificates'
  • run Jedi Fallen Order, it should manage to get activated

I will apply this workaround in the next weeks, and keep everyone posted in case works.

Cheers,
Dave
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.