Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal, Flattr, Liberapay or Buy us a Coffee. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Borderlands 2 [Epic Store] Freeze

So, I got the Borderlands (2 + Pre-Sequel) bundle for free on Epic (I know... I know... I hate Epic too! But it was free, and I am a graduate student...). For the most part it worked fine for a while. But I have this recurring issue where the game loads the character and then freezes whenever I try to "Continue". The only message that pops up (on Pop OS 20.04) is "Wine has stopped responding"! Logs has no error message recorded, and I am at a loss! Any ideas? I have tried changing the wine version in Lutris, but that does not help.

A brief search on the internet turns up various suggestions related to lowering PhysX settings. Which should not be a problem, since I have the 200 Watts RTX 2080. Besides, changing the PhysX setting does not solve the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

Liam Dawe 4 Jul

Have moved this to the Wine gaming forum.

Thanks @Liam!

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

We have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed exclusive articles. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...