Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Full backup of android phone ?
Guppy Jul 5, 2020
Can you do a full backup of an android phone - something akin to taking a disc image on linux?

I need to factory reset my pixel 3a for repairs, and would very much like to be able to simply do a restore once it comes back. Restoring settings, text messages, apps, etc.

Is it possible? or do I have to accept loosing every thing but apps and starting fresh
on_en_a_gros Jul 6, 2020
I used trwp in the past, but i can't remember if it backups your personal data or just the system.in order to use the app your device needs to be rooted.
Guppy Jul 7, 2020
oddly it seems its just not possible, but at least it seems google offers backup of text messages on pixel devices. anything else might be possible if the phone is rooted, except for a mile long list of caveats :|
Koopacabras Jul 7, 2020
Is quite surprising that this phone doesn't have an option to easily get root access, since it is like the phone were google does all it's development. And now that I see it's more difficult to root this phone than my motorola phone.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.