Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Who did the Linux version of The Binding of Isaac Rebirth?
Usual Jul 5, 2020
Trying to find who handled the Binding of Isaac Rebirth Linux version. Was it made in house by Nicalis or did they handed it to another company?
Usual Jul 8, 2020
Oh, thanks for the info. Was asking because every gamepad I tried (dualshock 3, 360 and xbox one) didn't work, so I emailed Nicalis about it but never got a reply. If the Linux port was made by another dev, I would have tried to contact them directly about it.
Liam Dawe Jul 8, 2020
Quoting: UsualOh, thanks for the info. Was asking because every gamepad I tried (dualshock 3, 360 and xbox one) didn't work, so I emailed Nicalis about it but never got a reply. If the Linux port was made by another dev, I would have tried to contact them directly about it.
That's weird, I've not had any controller problems with it. Both Logitech F310 and Steam Controller work great with it. What pads have you tried?
ageres Jul 9, 2020
Quoting: Liam DaweThat's weird, I've not had any controller problems with it. Both Logitech F310 and Steam Controller work great with it. What pads have you tried?
I've tried different controllers, X360 wired, Logitech F310 and Steam Controller do work, but Logitech F710, XOne wired and Dualshock 4 don't. When I switched to wireless controllers, I had to use Steam Controller, and I don't like it in this game, because it doesn't have a right stick.
Usual Jul 9, 2020
Quoting: Liam Dawe
Quoting: UsualOh, thanks for the info. Was asking because every gamepad I tried (dualshock 3, 360 and xbox one) didn't work, so I emailed Nicalis about it but never got a reply. If the Linux port was made by another dev, I would have tried to contact them directly about it.
That's weird, I've not had any controller problems with it. Both Logitech F310 and Steam Controller work great with it. What pads have you tried?

Tried wireless 360, wired/wireless xbox one, logitech f510 both xinput and dinput modes, logitech dual action, dualshock 3 and steam controller.

Out of all of those only the steam controller worked perfectly. Playstation 3 controller was recognized, but the buttons were a mess, like down to accept, shoulder buttons to move etc. Changing the buttons on options didnt work cause some buttons didnt register like square button.

Second one is the Xbox one controller config screen.
Liam Dawe Jul 9, 2020
Here's a thought, if Steam Input can't do it for you try it with SC Controller as that can map other controllers and make them look like a standard Xbox controller: https://github.com/kozec/sc-controller
Usual Jul 9, 2020
Gave sc-controller a try with my xbox one pad. Setting it up was something else, with the analogue apparently drifting everywhere. It only happens in that program.

Aside from that Isaac finally recognized the controller. But with limited options, since I cant configure the dpad cause the program detects the right analog stick to be always moving in one direction.
ageres Jul 9, 2020
Quoting: UsualGave sc-controller a try with my xbox one pad.
Try antimicrox, maybe it will be better.
tuubi Jul 10, 2020
You should also try disabling Steam Input entirely, at least for this game. My Logitech gamepads tend to work better without it. I imagine the same might be true for XBox controllers.
ehellas Sep 1, 2021
I've just made this work on Linux using the 8bitdo Pro 2, what I was able to realize is that the linux Version has a proper support for DInput not Xinput, so, you have to manually make a key mapping, like will emulating old games.
The mapping is the same as the one in the keyboard, just for whatever reason it doesn't show the key names, so, you have to go back and forth to work. For whatever reason, it also has some noticible input lag. Better just use the windows version Through proton.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.