Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
[Solved] Disable ACO shader in Lutris while enabled by driver
Vinouch Sep 8, 2020
My System Info

Linux Distribution: Ubuntu
Desktop Environment: Mate
Graphics Card: rx 5600 xt
GPU Driver Version: 20.0

Have you checked for system updates?: [Yes/No] yes

Hello
Since Mesa 20.1, ACO shader is enabled by default. I know how to disabled it with the parameter below, before run a game. But, with Lutris, add this parameter in post-command don’t works. Also, disable ACO shader in settings option of Lutris don’t works as ACO shader is enabled by default in the amd driver. So, please, can you tell me how to disable ACO for a Lutris wine game, or make this parameter work with Lutris ? Thanks in advance. Currently, I’m using Mesa 20.0 and disabled ACO shader in settings of Lutris. I ask for help, because my currently favorite game has artefact color effect with ACO enabled, with Mesa 20.0 to 20.3.
RADV_PERFTEST=llvm

Last edited by Vinouch on 8 September 2020 at 2:03 pm UTC
nox Sep 8, 2020
After Mesa 20.2 I believe you have to use RADV_DEBUG=llvm
Vinouch Sep 8, 2020
Quoting: noxAfter Mesa 20.2 I believe you have to use RADV_DEBUG=llvm
I will try in 3 hours. Thanks.
Optional question : where find a list of all parameters available for mesa driver?
nox Sep 8, 2020
Quoting: Vinouchwhere find a list of all parameters available for mesa driver?

https://docs.mesa3d.org/envvars.html#radv-driver-environment-variables
Vinouch Sep 8, 2020
Many thanks ! The parameter RADV_DEBUG=llvm works fine in Command prefix in Lutris with Mesa 20.3 Thanks to you, from now I can use the latest mesa + latest kernel + overclocking gpu, as I can disable ACO in my favorite game

Last edited by Vinouch on 8 September 2020 at 2:08 pm UTC
Shmerl Sep 8, 2020
If something doesn't work with ACO, please open a Mesa bug so developers could fix the issue.

Last edited by Shmerl on 8 September 2020 at 5:25 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.