Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Gaming on Intel UHD 630 on I7-10700K
PublicNuisance Oct 6, 2020
Has anybody here tried gaming on the Intel UHD 630 GPU that is in the I7-10700K CPU ? The latest review I could find for Linux was using the I7-8700K using Mesa 17.2.1. I'm toying with the idea of getting one for testing purposes next April but wanted to see what my expectations should be.
Avehicle7887 Oct 6, 2020
This GPU is also similar to the one found in the i3-7100 Comparison Sheet

Can't speak for the 10700k, However I used to test some games on the i3-7100 and the performance was acceptable if you don't mind 30fps, low-medium details and 720p for demanding games. Lowering the resolution especially helped a lot with performance. As with all integrated GPU's, make sure to have 16GB ram minimum. It is otherwise great with low end games.

I know it doesn't answer your question, but this was my experience with a similar CPU.
mrdeathjr Oct 6, 2020
Quoting: Avehicle7887This GPU is also similar to the one found in the i3-7100 Comparison Sheet

Can't speak for the 10700k, However I used to test some games on the i3-7100 and the performance was acceptable if you don't mind 30fps, low-medium details and 720p for demanding games. Lowering the resolution especially helped a lot with performance. As with all integrated GPU's, make sure to have 16GB ram minimum. It is otherwise great with low end games.

I know it doesn't answer your question, but this was my experience with a similar CPU.

i7 10700K have higher single thread frecuency 5.1ghz, many games must be show more performance than core i3 7100 3.9ghz

also Avehicle7887 said if use lower graphic settings with lower resolution (closer to 720p), more cpu are used aka more fps

but in newer games igp possible dont enough (however with some custom settings maybe improve)

Last edited by mrdeathjr on 6 October 2020 at 10:18 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.