Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
What have you been playing recently?
Page: 1/3»
  Go to:
denyasis Oct 11, 2020
While the constant news of releases, announcements, and updates is really cool, I figure it would be nice to see you are currently playing during your precious free time.

So, what are you playing and how to do like it?

I figure I should go first. I've been playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl over the past few weeks. I'm not a FPS person by any stretch, so it's pretty hard for me, but the setting and atmosphere is awesome so far. Runs perfectly via wine setup via Lutris. My only complaint is there is an occasional visual artifact during the rain, but it's rare enough not to be a huge bother.

Last edited by denyasis on 11 October 2020 at 11:14 pm UTC
PublicNuisance Oct 12, 2020
I just finished the first episode of Scarlet Hollow. It was fantastic and I backed it on Kickstarter right away. I also finished a play through of Max Payne 2. I beat it years ago but wanted to do a fresh run through so I could see how well Proton handles it and write a review on it. I have also finished Vampire The Masquerade - Shadows of New York. It was good but had some weakness in the plot near the end of the story. Before all that I finished Downward. It was annoying by the end. Decent game play but poor level design and a poor final boss fight. I'm going to be starting Dishonored 2 in the next day or two.
Xpander Oct 12, 2020
Warhammer Online (Return of Reckoning) - Just can't stop playing it. My Goto PvP/RvR MMORPG.
Spoiler, click me

Mafia (Original) - Quite enjoying it. Slapped some Vkabasalt Sharpness, SMAA and FakeHDR onto it as well as community made widescreen fix and removed stupid fps cap. Runs well and looks okay also.
Spoiler, click me
Liam Dawe Oct 12, 2020
I've actually been blasting through Assassins Creed Odyssey on Stadia. Turned out to be a pretty great game to just chill out with.
omicron-b Oct 12, 2020
Had to install Windows VM for some reason, and decided to use it to play through The Longest Journey (2000) since it doesn't work on Linux.
But it's hard to keep your attention on an old game, even more so when you don't have much time, so this Sunday I blasted through entire LEGO: The Hobbit almost in one sitting. It runs almost flawless via Proton.
Maybe I will hunt for achievements next, or try LEGO: LOTR.

Last edited by omicron-b on 12 October 2020 at 8:54 am UTC
TobyGornow Oct 12, 2020
A little Tales of Berseria, maybe the best Tales of since Symphonia. Dark and less dumb anime stereotypes & tropes than usual. Works great with Proton-GE.

Else, my Gibson SG standard.
whizse Oct 14, 2020
Quoting: omicron-bHad to install Windows VM for some reason, and decided to use it to play through The Longest Journey (2000) since it doesn't work on Linux.
But it does! It's supported in ResidualVM. There isn't a new stable release, but the game should work fine in snapshot or compiled from git.

I made a full playthrough last year.
Liam Dawe Oct 14, 2020
Quoting: whizse
Quoting: omicron-bHad to install Windows VM for some reason, and decided to use it to play through The Longest Journey (2000) since it doesn't work on Linux.
But it does! It's supported in ResidualVM. There isn't a new stable release, but the game should work fine in snapshot or compiled from git.

I made a full playthrough last year.
And with that merging into ScummVM, the experience will only get better ;)
omicron-b Oct 14, 2020
Quoting: whizseBut it does!
Quoting: Liam Dawethe experience will only get better ;)
Wow, thanks a lot! Will definitely try it, the game has an annoying bug on Windows.
whizse Oct 14, 2020
Quoting: omicron-bWow, thanks a lot! Will definitely try it, the game has an annoying bug on Windows.
There's also this HD mod made for ResidualVM.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.