Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Recently completed games
Page: «3/6»
  Go to:
xavi Jan 1, 2021
Quoting: ArehandoroRise of the Tom Raider.

I liked it better than the first one, or at least I felt like I knew my way around it better. The atmosphere, the setup, graphics, sound... everything was pretty exciting. Consequently, I bought Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but haven't started it yet.

It's also a native game, which it gives it more points.

Recommended.

I have just ended it also, is better than I thought.
damarrin Jan 3, 2021

I liked it better than the first one, or at least I felt like I knew my way around it better. The atmosphere, the setup, graphics, sound... everything was pretty exciting. Consequently, I bought Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but haven't started it yet.

Recommended.

Interesting. I liked the first TR much more than Rise. Of course, it was all new at the time, while Rise is basically more of the same, but also because the latter just isn’t as memorable for me. All the locations are just generic ruins/valleys whereas TR was much more distinct.

I haven’t even got Shadow yet. I think I’m still burned out on the formula.
damarrin Jan 3, 2021
And I just got Shadow on PS+. I will certainly play it sooner or later.
Mezron Jan 4, 2021
I completed 57 games in 2020. The ones that really stick out are Hellpoint, Streets of Rage 4, MK 11 and The Fall 1 & 2.

Hellpoint (GOG) was my first dip into souls-like games and I enjoyed it a lot. I found the game exciting which is rare for me to experience with single player games. My wife and I played it co-op for her run and she got 2 out of the 3 endings. Working on her getting the 3rd now.

Streets of Rage 4 (GOG) is one of those games that will be always on my HDs since everyone in the family and my friend's circle love it. It's just excellent brawler action, art and music.

MK 11 (Stadia) SP mode was interesting. Not a fan of cutscenes but for fighting games I tend to give them a pass. This one was very well written and had me engaged. The MP is excellent also.

The Fall 1 & 2 (GOG) both games are short and to the point. They play like an episode of Outer Limits the TV show. I think I enjoyed the story immensely because of how short it was. The gameplay is decent but very slow for those looking for a action affair.
Samsai Jan 4, 2021
I completed Night in the Woods a couple of days ago. Passed it by when it came out and I only got around to it because it was in that big BLM itch.io bundle. Turns out to have been a fun experience though, nice story, interesting characters and some of the music was quite neat. Even went to find some bass tablatures to play some of it on a real bass. Would recommend.
robvv Jan 4, 2021
Back in 2019 I completed a number of games, but I think one of the only ones I actually finished in 2020 was Control. That really is an excellent game that's reasonably hard but not so difficult that one abandons it!

The other three that spring to mind are The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters, Sense - 不祥的预感: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story and Synergia.
xavi Jan 6, 2021
Quoting: xavi

Recommended.

Replying to myself, what I did not like is:
  • Having to kill innocent animals

• Too much FPS for me (but maybe one can play lot more slowly and stealth, but you are forced to kill lots of people)

• It is not Appropriate to see Lara a bit spicy, but it is appropriate to kill everyone.

• Being forced to use the "Senses" almost all the time

But it is a nice game, I bought because I bought my first GPU and I wanted to test it with something.

Last edited by xavi on 6 January 2021 at 9:57 am UTC
WorMzy Jan 6, 2021
I've recently "finished" the main story of Morrowind in OpenMW, and the Tribunal expansion ("Mournhold - City of light, city of magic!"). I'm now playing through Bloodmoon expansion. Currently deliberating whether I want to get rid of my disease resistance so I can become a werewolf, or continue being a heavy-armoured, long sword wielding, Leeroy Jenkins-esque tank.

I have to hand it to the OpenMW devs -- aside from a couple of glitches (one side-quest NPC spawned outside their cell, so I had to set their position using the console; another side-quest corpse spawned under the floor, so I had to noclip to interact with it; and the main quest Heart of Lorkhan spawned half in the ground -- but was still functional) everything worked smoothly.

According to my save game info, I've played for almost 130 hours (not including time spent dicking around then reloading the last quicksave, which is probably another 5 hours...)
Arehandoro Jan 6, 2021

Recommended.

Replying to myself, what I did not like is:
  • Having to kill innocent animals

• Too much FPS for me (but maybe one can play lot more slowly and stealth, but you are forced to kill lots of people)

• It is not Appropriate to see Lara a bit spicy, but it is appropriate to kill everyone.

• Being forced to use the "Senses" almost all the time

But it is a nice game, I bought because I bought my first GPU and I wanted to test it with something.

Actually, those are very good points. I felt horrible whenever I killed wildlife, or going on a killing rampage to kill a thousand army like people. And the senses thing is so true, there should be even an option to have it on all the time so there's no need to push the button constanly xD

About not seeing Lara spicy... well, I rather being the game this way but that British accent really gets me lol :D
damarrin Mar 1, 2021
Portal 2

I got it right after it came out but never got around to it, until now. It’s absolutely fantastic, as many people will already know. It does drag on a bit too much towards the end, but it’s such a minor gripe.

A classic, must be played by everyone.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.