Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Forums posts missing?
jens Dec 14, 2020
  • Supporter
Hi there,

Looking at the forum categories (https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/categories) I can see 38 posts for "Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality", but when navigating into it (https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/vr-ar-xr) I'm seeing just two. Where are the others? ;)

I stumbled across this because I had bookmarked 4 of those posts, but now two bookmarks are "empty".

Kind regards.

Last edited by jens on 14 December 2020 at 8:15 pm UTC
This topic has an answer marked - jump to answer.
Liam Dawe Dec 14, 2020
Hi, the post counter includes both topics and replies however it might not add up correctly if there's a bug in our re-counting when someone removes a post.

Funnily enough, our system doesn't note the title of forum posts deleted, so I just upgraded to do so. Should make moderation a bit easier to keep tabs on what goes on. From what I can see, in the last few days a user did remove their account and a different user deleted multiple forum topics of their own and I'm sure their topics were in the VR forum anyway from who they are - so not a bug it seems.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 14 December 2020 at 8:10 pm UTC
jens Dec 14, 2020
  • Supporter
Ah, I completely forget that posts can be deleted by users and that posts will be deleted once a users closes its account :). Seeing that post counter (where posts and replies together didn't match) send me in the wrong direction.

Thanks for the explanation!

Last edited by jens on 14 December 2020 at 8:15 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.