Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Disc Room Crashes on Start
Dennis_Payne Dec 19, 2020
My System Info

Linux Distribution: Fedora 33
Desktop Environment: Gnome
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4600
GPU Driver Version: What ever comes with Fedora 33

Have you checked for system updates?: Yes

If this is to do with Steam, please add your system read-out from Steam -> Help -> System Information: https://pastebin.com/NZeLANVZ

Disc Room crashes as soon as I try to run it. I haven't found a log or anything to explain the crash. Windows version runs a bit with Wine but keeps throw up popups that bring you out of the game.
This topic has an answer marked - jump to answer.
Liam Dawe Dec 19, 2020
Hey, this is probably due to their use of Game Maker since it targets Ubuntu and it's usually a libcurl issue with symbols. In my article, I showed a fix for Arch Linux perhaps you can do something similar.
Liam Dawe Dec 19, 2020
Ideally, they should just supply it directly with the game and use a launch script like other Game Maker devs do. The real issue though is Game Maker, with it expecting a very specific lib.
Liam Dawe Dec 19, 2020
Quoting: GuestIt's an annoying few hoops to jump through, but that's really more a reflection of the wider industry level of experience that's still needed to be gained to make GNU/Linux game development easier.
It's also a case that standard libraries like libcurl need to not be moved or renamed like some distributions do, we need to make this case to distribution developers to have links in place if they do - it should not be down to game developers or us users to sort.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.