Send Correction Report Button [DONE]
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Arehandoro Jan 7, 2021
Hello,

The "Send Correction Report" button that is on the right-hand side of the box to write a comment is, to my blind eyes, confusing.

I have pressed it several times when trying to reply to a quick comment. IMO, it would be a much better place to be located right under the post when we're more likely to press it if we see a typo, etc. Or at least a different colour palette than Post comment or Preview comment.

Thanks! :)

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 23 January 2021 at 12:27 pm UTC
Liam Dawe Jan 7, 2021
I've given it a different colour and a JS alert to inform people when it's a correction and not a comment.

Might swap it around to have the main action button as a different colour, will experiment a little but for now the JS alert will help.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 7 January 2021 at 2:17 pm UTC
Arehandoro Jan 7, 2021
Thanks so much, really appreciated! :)
amatai Jan 11, 2021
Quoting: Liam DaweI've given it a different colour and a JS alert to inform people when it's a correction and not a comment.

Might swap it around to have the main action button as a different colour, will experiment a little but for now the JS alert will help.
I almost sent a correction instead of a message. The placement is really confusing
Liam Dawe Jan 11, 2021
Quoting: amatai
Quoting: Liam DaweI've given it a different colour and a JS alert to inform people when it's a correction and not a comment.

I almost sent a correction instead of a message. The placement is really confusing
What about it is confusing and why?
amatai Jan 11, 2021
I'm used to have the post button on the right side not on the left side. Usually, "post" is the rightmost button. I have just clicked without looking then took some time looking for the post button. I agree with Arehandoro for where the "sent correction" button should be.
Liam Dawe Jan 11, 2021
I'll think about placement some more but our post button has always been on the left. We also already have a dedicated bit below the article, but a button was added to the comment box as people kept missing it.
Liam Dawe Jan 11, 2021
Have done an adjustment, the positioning now matches up with the forum too. Let me know what you think.

Edit: went over the CSS styles and adjusted. All forms should now use a primary bright colour for the main action (posting / editing) and all others not. This should solve the problem.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 12 January 2021 at 2:42 pm UTC
dpanter Jan 13, 2021
But... you have two different 'send correction' sections in the article pages? This is confusing and honestly sub-optimal design. :)
Liam Dawe Jan 13, 2021
Quoting: dpanterBut... you have two different 'send correction' sections in the article pages? This is confusing and honestly sub-optimal design. :)
Yeah we can probably remove the dedicated box now I guess.
Salvatos Jan 14, 2021
I prefer the one directly under the article. I don't submit corrections after reading 5+ comments, but immediately after/while reading the article.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.