Linux sightings in TV, film and other media
Page: «4/4
  Go to:
damarrin Sep 7, 2021
It looks like the KDE Plasma logo, so not much of a hint as to what distro it may be.

Last edited by damarrin on 7 September 2021 at 4:44 pm UTC
Hamish Sep 7, 2021
Quoting: slaapliedjeI still think my favorite Linux on screen was on the extras of Lord of the Rings movies, Weta used a Lot of Linux desktops to make those movies.
Same thing with the Dreamworks Animation special features, lots of nice shots of computers running Red Hat with Bluecurve included with the Shrek movies. Basically all off the big 3D animation studios have used Linux.
slaapliedje Sep 9, 2021
Quoting: Hamish
Quoting: slaapliedjeI still think my favorite Linux on screen was on the extras of Lord of the Rings movies, Weta used a Lot of Linux desktops to make those movies.
Same thing with the Dreamworks Animation special features, lots of nice shots of computers running Red Hat with Bluecurve included with the Shrek movies. Basically all off the big 3D animation studios have used Linux.
I still recall articles about when most movie studios ended up following Industrial Light and Magic, and swapping out their expensive SGIs and others for Linux systems because all the tools had been ported.

https://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6011 Ha, that was to 20 years ago.
dubigrasu Mar 7, 2022
Very interesting video about the possible future of computing, and the usual Ubuntu Linux sightings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVsUOuSjvcg

(seriously, interesting video)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.