Join us on the Linux Gaming community on Lemmy, the federated open source alternative to Reddit.
Analytics
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
nox 31 Mar
I'd love an option to opt out of this, to be honest!

Mainly because I don't think I like their wording around fingerprinting:
QuoteWe also don’t “fingerprint” individuals via their IP address, User Agent string, or any other data for the purpose of displaying analytics.
Without having more detail this makes it seem like they still fingerprint us - or at least can save the needed data (such as IP) for their own purposes?

Is there a full privacy policy available for the particular service? (I am assuming the standard cloudflare privacy policy covers it..)

Last edited by nox on 31 March 2021 at 11:10 pm UTC
omicron-b 1 Apr
I really don't see this particular change as an issue. I suppose anyone who values their privacy uses uBlock Origin and this script is blocked by this extension.

static.cloudflareinsights.com host is also blocked by Pi-hole or similar (in case your browser does not support extensions).
Liam Dawe 1 Apr
Quoting: noxI'd love an option to opt out of this, to be honest!
No plans, it can be super easily blocked by practically any ad-blocker or privacy plugin.

Quoting: noxWithout having more detail this makes it seem like they still fingerprint us - or at least can save the needed data (such as IP) for their own purposes?
Cloudflare don't fingerprint people, at all. It's not their business model. You can read more about the approach here https://blog.cloudflare.com/privacy-first-web-analytics/
Pangaea 1 Apr
Somewhat related, there are many interesting articles about online security here: https://ssd.eff.org/
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

We have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed exclusive articles. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Twitter Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
Latest Forum Posts