Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
XBOX cloud gaming now runs on Linux!
mcphail Apr 29, 2021
I received an invite to try the new xbox cloud gaming (beta) service on "your Apple mobile device or Windows 10 PC". Naturally, I tried it on Ubuntu Mate 20.04, using the chromium snap and the sc-controller snap. Worked like a charm!

Forza Horizon 4 running on Ubuntu Mate
Liam Dawe Apr 29, 2021
That's a surprise, would have thought they would put some limiting in place like Amazon did with Luna.
mcphail Apr 29, 2021
It wouldn't surprise me if they lock it down after the closed beta. I think it is fair to say there's no technological reason for them to do that; it works well enough on Linux.
toojays Apr 29, 2021
If they can turn a profit on Game Pass subscriptions I don't see what they would gain by locking out Linux users. And for the near future the aim of the game is to pump up subscriber numbers regardless of whether they make a profit.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.