Lags on the GoL MC Server
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
killx_den Jan 28, 2014
So did anyone else notice more or less strong lags on the MC Server lately?

Like sometimes I am building something and 5 secs later it disappears and I got the materials again. Or mobs hopping like 5 blocks at once. Stuff like that. Don't really think that my connection or PC is to slow.

Specs:
32Mbit Internet connection
core i7 3770
32Gb RAM
geforce 670GTX
Liam Dawe Jan 29, 2014
Hmm I will restart the server and see if that helps.
Liam Dawe Jan 29, 2014
I need to schedule it to have regular restarts according to the host, poke me in a few days to sort it out properly.
Liam Dawe Mar 24, 2014
So, is lag a problem or not, someone tried to message me on Steam to say it is, but no one talking in the forum to let me know what is going on.
killx_den Mar 24, 2014
Well for me and paperjon yes :/
The rest isn't really talkative...

I encountered someone else and asked him but he said it could also be his internet connection, so I guess he had lags too. But maybe I am wrong and it is the bukkit plugin or the minecraft version 1.7.2 is fucked up.

Single player works though, no lags at all. I will try some other servers in the following days to see if there are lags too.

Also tried different performance settings on my client already, didn't help at all.
SteamPenguin Mar 25, 2014
Yeah I can confirm the new server is a lot more laggy, its the main reason I am not on much anymore.
Liam Dawe Mar 26, 2014
I just rebooted it, can you let me know how it is now?
killx_den Mar 26, 2014
I ll test in now :)
killx_den Mar 26, 2014
Well the lags are still there :(
It is like the game hangs for 1 - 2 second and then continues. The annoying thing is that it hangs every 3 - 4 second.

Best way to test it is to take a mine cart ride or just simple mining.
Liam Dawe Mar 26, 2014
Our host said it is using 100% CPU and 100% RAM, quite annoying it seems we either:

a) Need a new host with much better resources or get a higher package on current host
or
b) Start a new world
killx_den Mar 26, 2014
Do you have the server specs?
Could we upgrade? Would that be expensive?

A new world would hurt a bit, I have needed 6 month to build the castle :/
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.