Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Schildmaid MX - a shoot 'em up where you convert enemy bullets into power - coming to Linux
metalinux Jun 27, 2021
Good day everyone,

I am currently testing the Linux build of Schildmaid MX, a kind of reverse shoot 'em up where you collect bullets to power yourself up and score points. I am volunteering my time on the game and am helping out a friend of mine and his small team (HitPStudio) whom are developing the game in Unity. The game is currently in beta at the moment.

Since the game is coming to Linux and many of the community here love native Linux games and developers that support Linux, I just wanted to share the game with you all today. The game runs really well on Linux (I have tested it on Ubuntu, Manjaro and Mint so far) and on a variety of hardware from laptops to high-end GPUs.

The lead designer is a die-hard shoot 'em up fan, so he knows a thing or two about the genre.

If you are a fan of the shoot 'em up genre, perhaps you might want to check this game out, as its core mechanic is quite different to most other games in the genre.

The game is coming to itch.io, with further stores to be announced.

itch.io page

The announcement trailer for the game.

HitPStudio's Twitter Account

The lead designer and programmer talking about the game on the UK's Retro Asylum podcast.

I'd love to know what you all think of the game! Thanks and enjoy the rest of your day!
cruc2019 Jun 27, 2021
It sure sounds interesting. Are they going to release a demo? Anyway I wish good luck with the game.
metalinux Jun 28, 2021
Quoting: cruc2019It sure sounds interesting. Are they going to release a demo? Anyway I wish good luck with the game.

Thanks for the reply cruc2019, I will ask the team whether they have plans to release a demo and get back to you!
metalinux Jul 1, 2021
Quoting: cruc2019It sure sounds interesting. Are they going to release a demo? Anyway I wish good luck with the game.

The team got back to me and they are not planning on releasing a demo at this time, since they can use that time instead to further polish the game. Thank you for asking though!
cruc2019 Jul 1, 2021
OK cool. I 'll keep an eye out for the game. Ah, any chance for a Nintendo Switch release?
metalinux Nov 11, 2021
Hi everyone, just as an update to the game, it has now officially released on Itch, with further Steam and Nintendo Switch versions coming at a later date! There is a native Linux build available.

If you would like to check the game out, the Itch.io page is here. The development team have been working very hard to get the game as polished as possible.

https://hitp-studio.itch.io/schildmaid-mx

Thank you and have a great day!

Last edited by metalinux on 11 November 2021 at 4:58 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.