Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Alan Wake is now blocked for non-Windows users(?)
tumeo Sep 25, 2021
I was going to play Alan Wake from Steam but it looks like it's not available anymore.

link

The game is installed on my PC since the beginning of the year, I was actually in the last episode.

The game is still available for purchase, so it's something related to the platform.

Does anyone know about what is happening here?
This topic has an answer marked - jump to answer.
Xpander Sep 25, 2021
You dont have steam play enabled probably

omicron-b Sep 25, 2021
Quoting: tumeoI was going to play Alan Wake from Steam but it looks like it's not available anymore.

link

The game is installed on my PC since the beginning of the year, I was actually in the last episode.

The game is still available for purchase, so it's something related to the platform.

Does anyone know about what is happening here?

Just checked, runs and loads a game. Your post was scary though, I plan replaying it soon as I never finished a DLC.
tumeo Sep 25, 2021
Quoting: XpanderYou dont have steam play enabled probably

It's enabled.

The game is still listed as installed btw.

I just tried disabling Steam Beta Update but still the same issue :/
tumeo Sep 25, 2021
Quoting: XpanderYou dont have steam play enabled probably

Wtf, I just tried checking->unchecking the "Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool" setting and now it's working fine again.

It's probably a bug in the Steam client.
mylka Sep 26, 2021
do you have proton GE? maybe you forced GE and deleted it at some point, because you installed a new version
tumeo Sep 26, 2021
Quoting: mylkado you have proton GE? maybe you forced GE and deleted it at some point, because you installed a new version

Ah, I have some Proton-GE versions installed, and I remove old ones sometimes, but I don't remember if I was using GE on this game. I will try to reproduce it to file a bug in the Steam Proton repository.
dpanter Sep 27, 2021
This is what happens if you install a game with a specific Proton version and then delete said Proton version. It's a known bug.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.