Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Bioshock Remastered Issues
PublicNuisance Oct 9, 2021
I am having some issues on Bioshock Remastered and was wondering if anybody else has as well. When I press the button to hack anything it takes usually between 30 second to 2 minutes to bring up the menu to begin the hack. The game looks like it is frozen but if I leave it will finally do it's job in the end. Also the saving and loading of a game can take up to a minute or more even though i'm on an NVME SSD.
This topic has an answer marked - jump to answer.
buono Oct 9, 2021
Just fired it up to see, but can confirm that the game works fine for me. Hacking starts instantly.
PublicNuisance Oct 10, 2021
Quoting: buonoJust fired it up to see, but can confirm that the game works fine for me. Hacking starts instantly.

Thanks for the input.

I have tried using XFCE instead of Mate and the issue remained. I also tried Proton GE instead of 6.3-7 but it also still remained. I did a fresh install of Manjaro using EXT4 instead of BTRFS for the file system but the issue remains. I also tried the 5.10.70 kernel instead of the 5.14.10 kernel but the issue still happens. I may try my system that has a i7-4770 to see if it happens there.

Last edited by PublicNuisance on 10 October 2021 at 3:18 am UTC
PublicNuisance Oct 10, 2021
I also tried both PROTON_NO_FSYNC=1 %command% and "PROTON_NO_ESYNC=1 %command%" but neither solved my issue.
buono Oct 10, 2021
I had forgotten I had changed the launch options.

They currently are PROTON_NO_ESYNC=1 %command% -nointro

I also default to proton experimental.

Just out of curiosity, have you enabled the shader pre-cache in the steam client?
PublicNuisance Oct 11, 2021
we have a winner. Someone on Github suggested it to me. I had tried disabling Fsync and Esync but was told to disable them both at the same time. This solved my issue. The command was PROTON_NO_FSYNC=1 PROTON_NO_ESYNC=1 %command%.

Last edited by PublicNuisance on 11 October 2021 at 3:46 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.