Join us on our own very special Reddit on /r/Linuxers.
Do you read Phoronix?
Page: 1/5»
  Go to:
Poll results: Do you read Phoronix?
Yes

34 vote(s)
58%
No

25 vote(s)
42%
Liam Dawe 14 Nov
Just out of casual interest to see how much cross-over there is for our readers.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 17 November 2021 at 3:01 pm UTC
Phoronix and GamingOnLinux are pretty much a staple for me.
Xpander 14 Nov
Phoronix for regular kernel, linux world news. Yes!
g000h 14 Nov
I visit GOL all the time. I visit Phoronix infrequently. As such I don't feel either Poll choice fits me.
I read their articles but stay away from their forums. I find those to be more petty bickering than I want to deal with more often than not.

Last edited by PublicNuisance on 14 November 2021 at 2:48 pm UTC
mirv 14 Nov
I was so appalled by "that other site" at one stage that I quit it entirely. Just the misinformation on posts alone, nevermind the forums. No idea if the situation has improved there, and no intention of wasting time trying to find out.

The above sentences are a rant taken at face value, but are important background information on why I hang around GOL instead. Better quality here, in my opinion. If GOL was c't Magazin, then that other site is Women's Day.

...for what my opinion is worth.
ridge 14 Nov
I check Phoronix and GOL daily. On my phone they're the two sites I've pinned to my new tab page.
denyasis 14 Nov
Not much anymore, the articles were ok, even if some had a "I'm doing this for the article count" feeling, but the comments and users there... Not really a great place to be.
Not so much anymore as well. I don't find the articles all that interesting anymore and the forums are unbearable.
robvv 14 Nov
There needs to be a 'sometimes' option :-)
redneckdrow 14 Nov
Nope, Yellow Journalism should have died with Hearst. Even Hearst would have wanted it that way in the end.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone with no article paywalls. We also don't have tons of adverts, there's also no tracking and we respect your privacy. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Twitter Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.