Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Do you read Phoronix?
Page: 1/5»
  Go to:
Poll results: Do you read Phoronix?
Yes

34 vote(s)
58%
No

25 vote(s)
42%
Liam Dawe Nov 14, 2021
Just out of casual interest to see how much cross-over there is for our readers.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 17 November 2021 at 3:01 pm UTC
Avehicle7887 Nov 14, 2021
Phoronix and GamingOnLinux are pretty much a staple for me.
Xpander Nov 14, 2021
Phoronix for regular kernel, linux world news. Yes!
g000h Nov 14, 2021
I visit GOL all the time. I visit Phoronix infrequently. As such I don't feel either Poll choice fits me.
PublicNuisance Nov 14, 2021
I read their articles but stay away from their forums. I find those to be more petty bickering than I want to deal with more often than not.

Last edited by PublicNuisance on 14 November 2021 at 2:48 pm UTC
ridge Nov 14, 2021
I check Phoronix and GOL daily. On my phone they're the two sites I've pinned to my new tab page.
denyasis Nov 14, 2021
Not much anymore, the articles were ok, even if some had a "I'm doing this for the article count" feeling, but the comments and users there... Not really a great place to be.
Plintslîcho Nov 14, 2021
Not so much anymore as well. I don't find the articles all that interesting anymore and the forums are unbearable.
robvv Nov 14, 2021
There needs to be a 'sometimes' option :-)
redneckdrow Nov 14, 2021
Nope, Yellow Journalism should have died with Hearst. Even Hearst would have wanted it that way in the end.
Linas Nov 14, 2021
I do check it out from time to time, but mostly just for benchmarks. The quality of news reporting on GOL is simply so much better.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.