Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Simple Wordle game in Bash
Shmerl Feb 7, 2022
Just having some fun writing a Wordle-like.

Feedback or some bug reports appreciated!

https://gist.github.com/shmerl/2d1860d2bdba921dccaf84abb98940cd

Last edited by Shmerl on 7 February 2022 at 8:15 am UTC
Ehvis Feb 7, 2022
Bash script, nice!

Can't try it at work, but will have a look when I'm using a proper OS again.

Not really getting into the wordle hype though. Probably doesn't help that it's exactly the same as a television show that's been on for about 30 years here in The Netherlands.
Pengling May 4, 2022
Quoting: BradleyddarenHello, what is a Wordle-like?
A game inspired by the popular daily online puzzle, Wordle.

Quoting: EhvisProbably doesn't help that it's exactly the same as a television show that's been on for about 30 years here in The Netherlands.
There's a UK version these days, called "Lingo", but it's hampered by using some sort of user-created dictionary that I'm guessing they pulled from the internet - sometimes they accept misspelled or non-existent words and then try to claim that they're alternate spellings or archaic words when they're simply not. It's unbearable!

Last edited by Pengling on 4 May 2022 at 12:54 pm UTC
Ahanna_Jagger Sep 10, 2022
Quoting: ShmerlJust having some fun writing a Wordle-like.

Feedback or some bug reports appreciated!

https://gist.github.com/shmerl/2d1860d2bdba921dccaf84abb98940cd

Thanks, nice one! I would like to create a version of Nerdle
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.